Good cheap in-dash eq???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 808
I know this is on the Sub forum, but there are so many more hits on this one. I know this is a stupid question because you cannot get something really great at a cheap price. Anyway, i have a Nakamichi CD-400 and i feel that the equalization is lacking. I was looking at the Clarion EQS744, as anyone had any experience with them.

I have no experience with EQ's, that is why i am asking this.

What else out there is there at a low price that would do the trick for me???

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
BUMP.

I might end up selling my HU and getting the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP if there isnt aything good out there at a low price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 815
BUMP.

Silver Member

Post Number: 816
BUMP.

Someone please respond.

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
If there isnt then i might just wait and save up some money to get a nice EQ since i got so much invested allready.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 401
how many eq bands do you want

Silver Member

Post Number: 819
i would say atleast 7 bands. I currently just feel that i am lacking the capabilities to control the sound as much as i would like. The only reason why i mentioned the pinoeer HU was because a few of my friends have it and it has a 13 band EQ built into it.

I have got a lot invested in my audio system right now and dont wanna put something cheap into it if it wouldnt help out or make it sound worse.

I currently got that Nak HU, DLS Iridium 6.2's, 4 RE12's, a Zapco Reference 500.1 for subs and Zapco Reference 200.2 for comps, all with Symbilink cables.

As you can see i dont wanna get soemthing low end that will make it sound even worse, but i cant really afford a whole lot right now as i am just a PO College Student.

If there are no suggestions i guess i will save up and find something that i know is good. The only reason why i am asking for help on this topic is because i NEVER buy cheap shi! or decent stuff, i go all out.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 402
I would save up and get the audiocontrol dqt equalizer. I understand that you don't want cheap products. You can get the remote control for the eq and put it in your dash. It cost about 400 though. The remote cost 170.

Silver Member

Post Number: 829
I think i will save up and get an completely in-dash EQ. I am thinking about either Zapco, Eclipse, or the like. It has been hard to save up money as of late so we will see what happens.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 407
I think you have more control with an in the trunk eq. 20+ bands.

Silver Member

Post Number: 834
At first i wanted a 30 band one, but it would just confuse the fukc out of me and you need an analyser to be able to adjust everything.

I am thinking about something with 7-12 bands or so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
I am currently looking at the Kicker KQ9 9 band equalizer for $130 and the Cadence CEQ600 for $127. Anyone have any experience with either one of these???

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
I have decided that i want to get the CEQ600. Cadence in my opinion is a more SQ oriented product and more options then the Kicker one. Now i just got to save up a little money(or max out my credit card).

Wooferetc has it at the lowest price i have seen one, and there are currently none up on ebay. If anyone knows of any sites that have it lower let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us