Trying to maximize the most out of my HU and Speakers

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 313
I have a Pioneer Premier 460 HU and 4 Pioneer 3 way speakers. Currently I have the HPF on the HU set at 80Hz. A little bass still comes out of the speakers with this. I also have the choice of going to 125Hz but I don't because my Sony's do a bad enough job reproducing the lowest of frequencies. When I get my new RE12's should I boost the HPF on the HU up to 125Hz and set the LPF on the amplifier for around that too? My speakers aren't and won't be amplified but I am trying to maximize thier performance. Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 364
how deep is the crossover slope?

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 107
Dude if you want to get the most out of your speakers take them up too like 165hz or 200hz.If you want more kick or deep bass get a sub.Set the LPF on the amp at 80hz for a 12inch sub or 100hz for a 10inch.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 314
Don't know that I.c.e. Anyway, the highest my HPF on my HU will go is 125hz. And, if I set my LPF for my amp at 80Hz wont I be missing something? Like no reproduction of sound in between 80 and 125?

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 112
Yeh but unless your power the speakers,it will distort badly that low.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 654
why would you set the LPF of a sub on 80hz thats almost midbass frequency..i like to keep mines low from 40hz to 60hz(highest ill go when using a sub) now for those speakers you should go into the higher frequencies

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 45
the lpf on my sub is set at 80hz and i have NO trouble hitting those 40hz bass tones!!

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 113
Muddy is right you really shoudlnt.Not all song hit really low plus that makes a enormous gap in sound frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 898
I have found that the higher i set mine the worse the BASS sounds, so for me, the lower the better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us