Eclipse Ti or jl w6v2

Username: Schnizo

Post Number: 10
whats your take. Im putting in a sealed enclosure. How do I figure the ideal box size for the eclipse using qts and vas numbers. Eclipse says small sealed box. how small can I go.I'm thinking two 10's of either. Jl can go in .625^3 ft

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 361
Damn thats a super small box. Did you count sub displacement, too. I would go with the ti, just because it has the capability to be an spl, sql, and sq sub. I haven't heard an w6v2 yet, but I heard its sq was damn near perfect.

Bronze Member
Username: Schnizo

Post Number: 11
yeah I have a single 12w6 but i'm thinking of going w 2 10w6's to get a little louder. not a lot of people in this forum like JL. The Ti seems to get a lot of good run. Is the JL just over priced or is it inferior

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 366
JL is far from inferior, they are really overpriced though.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1936
I have 2 JL 12w6v2's and they are amazing sounding subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 76
MO, got a couple questions for you. What kinda amp do you have on those w6v2's, and are they in a sealed box. I also have 2 JL 12w6v2's but they sound like sh!t right now because the box there in is crap.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1937
Qcs my JLs are in this custom JL prowedge box

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/CVS212RGW6v2.html

I use to have it powered by a PPI PCX 2200 2 channel class a/b and they sounded great with 800 watts rms but i have a new suv and i sold the ppi pcx 2200 and now have a 1000 watt CrossFire VR1000D mono amp thats underated and will find out how it sounds on thursday. So just hang in there and i will let you know what the differance is to the new amp. I love the sound of them in the prowedge box with any music.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 77
Yea, my box is to boomy. I am tryin to build a seald box but I am having trouble coming up with the dimensions. My box now is ported, when i stuck my hand in the port to feel around the corner I noticed that it didnt have the wall that curves around. Plus most of my friends at the car audio shop say the 1000/1 is to much for them in a ported box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us