MECP certification in Cali

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 71
anybody know of any schools in California that train people for the MECP (other than the Snake PIT)? maybe something more nothern cali.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9025

http://www.ce.org/certifications/mecp/default.asp

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 362
Wow they have a certification for that?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 600
GW how does this certification progress work?? do u accually go to school for it or is it just a test that u read up on?? and would u recommend taking the beginner before the advanced?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9038
start with basic, move up from there. there are requirements for higher levels of certification, such as a minimum number of years working as a professional in the car audio field.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
right, the link gave me places i could take the test and how to buy the study guide, but where can i get some real hands on training?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 874
Does being certified really mean that much, and can it help with finding a high paying job????

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 606
.. on that glass u should know .. how does the job pay as you move up .. basic, advanced, master... and basicly is it just working at audio stores ie. future shop, best buy etc.. or there other places to go

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9104
eh, well it depends on a few things like how good you really are and where you work.
I was in an affluent area, and worked for a small, high end retail chain so I made good money.
Working for circuit city, don't expect to do as well.. especially if you're in rural Idaho or something.

Chris, certifications are like college degrees. They may not prove you know anything useful, but they do get your foot in the door on a resume, which is more than you get without that piece of paper. It can make the difference between getting an interview, and getting your resume tossed out with the other 5,000 resumes from highschoolers wanting to get employee discounts on stereo gear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
so, what about MY question?
i mean, sure i could read the MECP study guide but it won't help much if i've never touched any of the stuff!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9118
you get basic certification then get a job for some retail chain like CC or BB.
get a couple years under your belt, and get advanced certification, then go find a job with a better company that handles higher end custom installs.
that's how ya get experience.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us