Why brahma why?!!!!!!!

grease dog
Unregistered guest
well i was soo happy cuze i bought the brahma off ebay for way cheap than i found it anywhere else. i received it about two days after i paid for it, so the i was even happier, then when i tested it out, something was slapping way hard when ever the sub even hit, it was the dust cap, it had come off!

so i went and bought some rubber adhesive and glued it back together, then when i mounted the sub again, everytime it hit, you were able to here the voice coils hit agaisnt the magnet! no linearity whatsoever!!! i was so bummed, when i examined the sub closely i noticed the spider had come off from half the diameter of the cone!!! the guys i bought it off of said it played perfect! (yeahright) so i had to put rubber adhesive around where the spider and cone connect, and now? perfect linearity!!! sound great hits great!

i'm writing this so that people are extra careful when they buy subs.

always, always ask what kind of amp it was used with.

have them send you extra pictures of all areas of the sub, including them pushing the cone in and out (evenly) over the phone to make sure that sub does work good.

its a good thing i was able to fix these problems myself, else a shop was gonna charge me 200 dollars to send it to adire and have them fix it.

so if you guys are ever going to buy a used high end sub, make sure you go through any and all possible ways to make sure that sub works great!

had i not known how to fix subs, this would have made my impression of the brahma as one of the worst subs ever. but i realized the guys that used the sub were complete audiobahn idiots(you know play the sub hard, gain up, boost up. with a lot of distortion) when i called the guys up with questions, i found out that he was using a lanzar amp, with all the gains up. makes me just wanna cry...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9010
you bought a damaged sub
return it, get youtr money back, and don't buy used speakers on ebay.

better off buying new

grease dog
Unregistered guest
it was damaged, i smelled the coils, nothing burnt, inspected them, nothing melted, i was able to look at them, when the dust cap fell off. cant return, sold as is... i made the best of it.

...don't buy used speakers on ebay.

by that rationale, you would be able state that you shouldnt buy anything used off of ebay, that has to do with electronics. however, you are abloe to get good deals on alot of things.

ebay is a gamble

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3839
yup just cause it is fixed now doesnt mean once your voice coils heat up and possibly melt that blue it wont happen again. I agree with Glass return it and get your money back. did the guy have a good feedback rating? I hope you payed with paypal.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3840
sorry didnt read that one before I posted. ok well then make the best of it:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 649
send it to adire for repair. fill out the form on their site and ship it.
subs are a high risk product. they are much more likely to be damaged than other products because of what they are used for. thery're easily abused. not saying that other used items are not suspect. i have gotten burned before and make certain that the item is basically new before i get anything used. but i won't buy a used sub from anyone over the net.

grease dog
Unregistered guest
thats why i bought the sub, he had a 99% feedback rating!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9024
some things are more likely to be abused and damaged than others.
speakers are in that ultra high risk catagory and shouldn't ever be bought without being tested out first if they're used.
that's my view anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us