Combining CD Player and Cassette Player

SeanPeters
Unregistered guest
I have a pioneer cd player in my car which I installed it myself and it works fine. i wanted to add an additional cassette player, which i already have from my old car. it is a basic sony cassette player.

I have space in my dash to mount the player but I am not sure if it will work if I split the harness from the car to 2 different players.

Please advice me if anyone has experience in installing 2 players in one car!!!

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1372
Not a good idea to combine speaker wires, however you can use a (if applicable) Front or Rear RCA output from the cassette player and plug that into any possible aux-in RCA's on the CD player.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 726
Why would you want to install a cassette player? While your at it you may as well add an 8track player.

Just my two cents. CDs are far superior/

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 389
Sean are you talking about splitting the power wires? Bad idea. He're what I suggest: Run a 20 amp (maybe 30?) fused wire from the battery and put a distribution block on it once you get into the interior of the car. Split it 2 ways with this block. One side will have power thats always on (yellow wire on most stuff) and the other will be sent to a relay. The other input of the relay will be the red power wire coming off the harness over the factory wiring. The output of the relay is a much more high current wire that turns on and off when you turn the key. Now you have plenty of power to run 2 decks. I didn't mention all the places where fuses should go, so just put them where you deem necessary. This is pretty similar to the setup I have now.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1420
That's right, didn't you post pics of two Alpine units together? Is one a preamp only and the other carries an internal amp?

grease
Unregistered guest
Get a tape head unit with CD changer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us