Need a set of 10"s, thinking IDQ10

Bronze Member
Username: Borked

Post Number: 21
I recently bought a 2005 tacoma standard cab, previously owned are a pair of Audiobahn 12" subwoofers and and audiobahn a8000t amplifier.

Well, those 12" subwoofers dont fit, off only by about an inch in width and I cant afford to push my seat up anymore. So I need some reccomendations on 10" subwoofers.

The amplifier I have is a MONO amp, not 1ohm stable but is 400x1 @ 4ohm mono and 800x1 @ 2ohm mono.

I read on an earlier post, Jonathan said that the IDQ series would be great for SQL and thump pretty good, and that's what im looking for. However the RMS rating on the IDQ10 is only I believe 250. So is it okay to push it at 400? Or is it going to be 250 per voice coil so the IDQ10 is actually 500rms? Or any other subwoofer reccommendations, the price on those IDQ's is pushing it but i'd spend it for the quality if it's worth it. Also I can get Kicker's and dealer cost from a friend, but no one seems to reccomend those for SQ.

Basically I listen to Alot of rap, and a lot of rock. Space is limited, cause I am pretty tall and I just have a standard cab. All answers are very much appreciated, Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 353
A 10" brahma would be perfect for you. http://adireaudio.com/Mobile/BrahmaSeries.htm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3835
what amp are you gonna be using your audiobahn?

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 155
I would say 400W RMS would be fine. The new specs for the IDQ's say 300W RMS for them... and I usually reommend about 30% more power than the subs... that way there's less of a chance you'll fry the voice coils with clipping.

Plus, I have a set of IDQ 10's and love them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
these subwoofers are they low profile? Cause this is going into a truck box so the mounting depth cant be anything bigger than probably 5 1/4" maybe 5 1/2" id say.

James: Are you asking if ill be using my audiobahn amp for my new 10's? if so then the answer is yes.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 156
They actually are pretty slim... have you checked them out on the website yet? www.imagedynamicsusa.com...

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 157
stupid links... www.imagedynamicsusa.com

That one'll work. They should have all the info you are looking for on there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
IDQ10D2 V.2 seems to be perfect, wiring both coils in parallel should give me 400w rms to each sub @ 2ohm. $150 a piece is the cheapest ive found them anyone know where i can get them cheaper.

What about those brahma subs whats the price on those?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
and kicker isnt even worth mentioning?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 161
$150 is about the cheapest. I've found one site with $130, but they have been out of stock for a while.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 162
The CVR's are worth mentioning. Good overall sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Sorry to bring this post back up!

Letto, I just had a thought about scrapping the 10's and going with 8's to spare some more leg room, and insure a nice fit. So instead of two 10's I was thinking four 8's. Since I have the amp to give either four of the ID8D4 v3 their rms power, or four of the Kicker CompVR 05CVR84 their power.

So is the difference between the ID8D4 an audible difference in SQL, worth the price difference? Also if I used 4 seperate sealed 8" enclosures would that be alright?

I'm not sure if four 8"s is excessive but im downgrading from two 12" in a bandpass box, so im used to loud bass. Just kinda worried ill get these 8's and itll just feel like someone is flicking the backseat instead of the whole cab being shooken and rumbled and my ears itching. Thanks for the input so far!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3860
I have heard 4-8's set up in a car that sounded like 4-12's it was absolutly amazing. Now this was a prof installers vehicle so everything was done well and correct. I would go with the IDQ's personally over the kickers but thats me, not bad mouthing the kickers the cvr's are nice subs but Image Dynamics is a great company with great products. I would eventually scrap that amp and get a reliable underrated amp not a unreliable overrated piece of bling! not being a D!CK just speaking the truth if you didnt know that already.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Nah I knew my amp was medium grade, but when I first got into audio I wasn't looking at spending $1/1watt and still am not, I guess ill just hook it up and see how it sounds. I can always replace the amp later like you said. Thanks!

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 172
I agree with James, I'd still go with the Image Dynamics.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
What amp would you reccomend for this setup, for SQL. I know there are some really good ones, but come with a hefty price. I heard US Acoustics is good and have a good price, anything else?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3866
kicker 600.1 is a good amp and would work well for what you are looking to do. also on ebay it can be had for relativly cheap:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us