Rear Soundstage problems

Bronze Member
Username: Homsardude

Post Number: 17
I just installed some Pioneer 3 way speakers in the front and rear of my car and they sounded pretty good with the stock HU in. I just installed a Pioneer DEH-P3700MP HU and now my sound stage is totally messed up. All the sound is coming from the back and the front speakers sound pretty weak and lifeless. I can use the "Front Image Enhancer" on the Pioneer HU but I really don't like how that sounds, because (once again) the front speakers are sounding kind of thin. I checked the wiring to make sure they weren't wired wrong, and they aren't. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 644
the stock hu typically has integrated eq settings that optimize their poor drivers. the new hu probably just needs to be eq'd and faded toward the front.
of course, another option would be to lose the rears.

Bronze Member
Username: Homsardude

Post Number: 18
The rear speakers sound really good though, that's my concern. They sound WAY more round/full/awesome (whatever you want to call it) than the front speakers. Is this because they are 6X9 and they get a better sound or something? As I mentioned, I really didn't notice such offbalance when using the stock HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us