BEST 10-12" sub for SQ around 400-700 watt range?

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 15
I want to get rid of my L7. I forced myself to switch from trance/house to HipHop/R&B because thats all my L7 really sounds good with. I have a Phoenix Gold 8.0:1 Mono Ch 600w rms amp; and I am satisfied with it. So I want to go back to the music that I really like, but I want a really good single sub. Please keep in mind the box sizes that some subs require. This will be going in my s2000's tiny trunk...

-can be 10" or 12"
-SQ sub! not SPL
-400-700w range since im keeping the amp
-reasonable price (bang for the buck)

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 905
thats hard to say but for that price either the ascendant audio avalanche(ask james longo)
or the ID Max for www.woofersetc.com

Bronze Member

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 16
i know the infinity 12.1d is much weaker than 400-700w, but is the sq pretty good on that sub?

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 158
if you dont want to spend the money for the IDMax, get the IDQ from image dynamics... bout $150, and sounds great. 300W RMS power handling.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 159
Sh!t, get 2 of them

Bronze Member

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 17
i spoke with someone from woofersetc, he recommended Diamond Audio, what do you guys think?

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 27
check out the Resonant Engineering SE subs, there rated at 600watts rms. i currently have a se10" and it sounds amazing, and pounds really hard, and im even underpowering it a little. check out www.reaudio.com

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 108
Alpine Type R IMO...

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 368
eclipse aluminum 8000 series.

Username: Ap0352

Post Number: 2
I just installed one of Boston's new Pro 10"s and I absolutely love it!
Wonderful speaker for the price and efficency.

Bronze Member
Username: Bob_falfa

NE

Post Number: 30
Running one Image Dynamics IDQ10 in a .65 cu ft sealed enclosure. Sounds great with all types of music. Pros: great sound, small enclosure, great with all types of music. Con: I wish it could handle more power.

I have been considering switching to an IDQ12 or to a Diamond D6 12. Let us know if you go with the Diamond.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_lou

Post Number: 62
Honestly with that power I would get a couple of kappa perfect 10's off of ebay. Sealed to spec should leave some trunk space and will have great sq.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 168
IMO, 2 IDQ's would be a lot better than the perfects. IDQ's are an awesome SQL sub. 2 of them, 600W RMS, perfect for what you're looking for.

Trust me, they sound great. I also have mine in about a .63 ft^3/sub sealed enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us