Cerwin Vega V-Max subs

Username: Sean125

Cape Town, WP SA

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know anything about the new Cerwin Vega V-Max 12" subs. Are they any good? Any opinions on the sound quality of Cerwin Vega subs?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 344
C-V makes great subs for their price range, maybe the best....

a few examples are V-max, HED series and Strokers (BADass subs)

anywez, any sub from C-V will treat you nicely with the rated RMS power or even a little less, but dont overpower them cuz most dont use over 350w rms

Cape Town, WP SA

Post Number: 3
Thanks

I currently have Rockford HE 12's and want to upgrade, mainly for sound quality. I was looking at the Alpine Type R's or Infinity perfects, but I can't get them in my country. JL's and diamonds are also too expensive. The Cerwin Vega V-Max has just been released here, do you think it'll beat the HE's for sound quality?

Cape Town, WP SA

Post Number: 4
Thanks

I am looking for subs to replace my 2 Rockford HE 12's, i'm mainly looking for sound quality. I was going to go for Alpine Type R's or Infinity Perfects but can't get them in my country. Others like JL and Diamond are too expensive over here. The V-Max's have just been released in Cape Town, do you think they'll fit the bill in terms of sound quality?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 346
yea man the sound quality of them are excellent, btw rockford doesnt make very good subs

Cape TownSA

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all the advice man

Someone told me that the sound quality of the VMax subs is comparable to a JL W3, what is your opinion? I know JL make great stuff. I would buy a W7 if I could afford, it costs the eqivalent of about $1500 here in South Africa!!!

If it is similar SQ to the W3 my search for subs is over. The V-max has an Xmax of 19mm, is this any good considering its price, how would it affect sound quality? I'm looking for about a 70:30 split of SQ:SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us