CDX-4000X How do I deactivate the alarm?

Username: Rsmobley85

Florida

Post Number: 1
I just bought this HU from someone, looked up the owner manual online, installed with wire harness and install kit. Figured out how to stop the annoying beep when you touch any button and the systems sounds great. But!! How do I deactivate the alarm (2 beeps 3 times) when you turn off the car with out takeing the face plate off every time? If there is no fix for this, out the window it goes.

sharon

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1368
You have to turn off the unit while the car is still running. Then access the menu and it should have the option to turn the Alarm on or off.

Florida

Post Number: 2
If I turn off the unit then how will I be able to access the menu. Do I turn the car off then turn back on. I didnt see any thing in the manual on how to do this.

Florida

Post Number: 3
I turned off the power before turning off the car and it still beeps if you dont take off the face plate. The menu doesnt say any thing about the alarm. Please help this is getting anoying.

sharon

Gold Member

Post Number: 1369
"If I turn off the unit then how will I be able to access the menu."

You press the Off button and the display will still be up. Though it doesn't matter I've realized.

You need to press the Menu button. Then scroll through the menu until the item "Beep: On" comes up, then change it to "Beep: Off". That will solve your problem.

Florida

Post Number: 4
I tried that, and the beep say's off, but the alarm part still goes off when you turn off the car with out takeing off the face plate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1371
"If there is no fix for this, out the window it goes."

I have the CDX-4000X (Sitting in my closet, I dislike the unit) and can say that your assumption is correct, the alarm cannot be turned off. Given the fact that it's one of Sony's cheapest headunits, I'd definitely trash it and buy something better like a Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us