Audiobahn ALUM12N 12" Sound Q, crap or alrite?

Bronze Member
Username: Unpiled_acorn

Rockland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 14
Audiobahn ALUM12N 12" Sound Q hey would anyone who has experience with this sub could tell me if this sub is alrite, it just scares me that there for under 300$ for 1000rms of power n a frquency as low as 18, thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 493
ebay has them really cheap, they work fine for SQ for the price, although of course it can always be said, as with any brand... they aren't the best ;).

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 249
Audioburn=crap

Bronze Member
Username: Unpiled_acorn

Rockland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
So oso do u got any ideas of a better sub, but wit the same price range, n i'd like to run it off a jl 500/1 amp, thnaks in advance oso

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 915
Eclipse aluminum... www.woofersetc.com

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 648
all the audiobahn subs that ive ever heard havent had alot of SQ..their mainly SPL subs..for the $300 price range you could get that AL like compluva said or you could get 2 Alpine Type Rs or some RE SEs..theirs alot of better choices for that money than audiobahn
yea im back lightning storm messed up my dsl modem(LOL i know)

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 128
My friend has two of those and it doesnt sound that clean (at all). withh 500 watts, id go with either a IDMAX or (one or two) IDQ's. That would give you great SQ

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 203
The Audiobahn Alum series have very good SQ. PERIOD.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh2289

Post Number: 27
I have 2 alum12n runnin on a sony xplod 1000 :-/
but any way they arent that loud but they sound pretty clean to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 19
audiobahhhh! you might as well get a refurbed L7 at hifisoundconnection.com.

otherwise, take yourself to circuitcity or Fry's electronics and listen to the audiobahn display subs yourself. i'd rather have an Infinity 12.1D. but who knows, maybe your standards aren't high.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 204
Erik, you havent a clue bro, comparing L5's to alum Q's, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 22
my friend has an alum Q, he just got it within the month. He's selling it for an IDMax now. I have an L7. My nor his sub sound really well to my ear lol.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 205
lol, I hear ya Erik.
But to the alums defense, in the correct enclosure they have very good accuracy and a very "smooth yet crisp" sound. I think it is a great SQL sub. As for your friends, I think there is more than a few different Alum models. Maybe his isn't the same as the one i'm refering to. Either way, Audiobahn makes way to many different models, most of which are lower end crap that overshadows the few high end models. Thats what gives them the bad rap I think.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidalexander

Graham, Texas Us

Post Number: 19
i have two alum10q running to a a1300hct and like the sq even though they are a lil underpowered

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 945
CRAP

dub mag finalist
Unregistered guest
!!! i have a 2 12" immortal audiobahn woofers i sold my L7s for guys who are bashing audiobahn are rookies to car audio period the alum q or n requires 2.0 cu ft if you have less than this in your box it or almost nothing will sound good. peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us