ABC box

Username: Schnizo

Post Number: 8
what is an ABC box? I see many references on it

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 894
i think its sorta like a triple port box like its tuned 2 3 different Hz...i dunno

ask sean

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1048
I'm not exactly sure but I think its just A 2 chambered box where the chambers are connected and each chamber has there own seperate port. I think the benefits were higher SPL output at lower excursion.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 360
Read these:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000 451&p=

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=064764#000000

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/dual_chamber.htm

They should answer all of your questions.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8988
ABC - Aperiodic Bi-Chambered.

it's essentially a box tuned to two different frequencies.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3427
heres an article that will also help clearify what an abc box is and how it works

http://paginas.terra.com.br/educacao/claudionegro/english/projects/speaker/dcr/d cr.html

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 721
ive got the supplys for my avalanche box and im going to begin work this saturday! im so excited lol.... the supplys cost me 90$ i cant wait to see this thing in action though... i dont have my amp yet.... ive got all my wiring in my truck and ready though... i should be pounding by the end of this month :D

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 928
Let us know how it turns out as i would like to know how the ABC turns out.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 929
Try and post some pics if you can.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3428
90 bucks trevor thats nuts! LOL Im glad to hear your finally getting ready to build that enclosure and yes please do let us know how you like it bro. The designer always takes intrest and pride in his work. hehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 3429
by the way im considering buying the necessary tools to start building my own enclosures here in my apartment. I found a way to do it quietly without bothering my neighbors and Im tired of always having to cordinate to do it at my buddies house plus hes starting to get greedy. Ill let you guys know when things are arranged.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 520
Cutting wood quitely. Are you going to edead your apartment, lol.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 725
yeah i;ll take pictures and ill let you know how it sounds too... the pictures will be up before i have my amp though... and since i dont really have any experience with precision wood work im going to have my brother make the cuts but im going to do the screwing together and ports and everything like that... well i mean im going to help with the cutting but... i just cant afford to screw something up at 90 dollars a pop you know lol. im just slightly worried about port noise....

and i;ll say it now and i;ll say it when im done... ALL credit goes to sean lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3438
Your building it buddy so I dont get all the credit. Also if you want to skip the mess and be sure the cuts are straight have the place you bought the wood from cut it for a small fee.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 347
Are you building a abc for a avalanche? If so please let me know how it performs i would definately be interested in seeing the finished product.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3441
yeah hes building it for a 15 inch avalanch but I doubt youll like the size of it its about 7 cf. net internal

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 42
About the cuts like sean said. I got all of my wood cut from the MDF sheet at lowes for free, more then once. They were really helpful. They even helped me the first time with making sure that i had the right sizes to build my enclosure.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 728
hmmmmmmmm ... maybe i should bring it back to home depot and have them cut it... idc if i have to pay 30$

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9161
most home improvement stores have a sign back by the saw that says they don't do precision cuts.
basically they just rip boards so they'll fit into your car. accurate cuts are your problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us