Audio Newbie

Username: Deucecoupe

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole car audio thing. My car is a 1962 chevy biscayne(same as impala except less side trim) sedan.

Anyways I am finally getting it on the road this summer and the old 1 speaker AM radio won't cut it for me. So I was wanting to do a modern audio install. I have no idea what to buy or look for in products.

Here is the deal, I want to do this fairly cheaply say a max budgat of $1,300 Canadian so thats about $1,000 US. What I was wanting to do was get a head unit (MP3 and a CD changer if I could) I was going to add 2 6X9 spaekers in the kick panels and 2 6X9's in the parcel shelf. I was also wanting to add some subs (2 if I could, also could I add a sub to the old factory speaker unit under the dash or will this not work?) I know that I will need apms but to be honest I have no idea what amps do or what they power (head unit?, subs?, both?).

So long story short can anyone reccomend some good and inexpensive products that will work in my budget? Thanks a lot for all your help.
Ash
PS. this is not my car but, my car looks like this one
My car

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1614
alpine head unit with Vdrive amp such as the CDA-9813

CDT 6.5" separates in front
CDT 6x9" in back

JBL or Cadence of Avionixx amplifier for subs

2 12" Adire Shive subs in a ported box in the trunk.

all done. at most you may need to add a high output alternator to the motor for the added current demands of the amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us