Problem with Sub cutting off.

Username: Integ_84

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new to the car audio scene and I basically rushed into buying a package deal (Impulsive buyer) before reading up on forums such as this :-(. The package I bought consists of:

ALPINE CDE9845 (DECK) 180 watts

45W x 4
Bass Engine
1 PreOut
CD-R/RW Playback
Mp3/WMA Playback Display
Bass Center Freq Control

ALPINE MRPT220 (AMP)140 watts, 2 channel

70W X 2 AT 2 OHMS
140W bridged at 4 ohms
GOLD PLATED TERMINALS
SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT
BASS BOOST

ALPINE SWS10220D (SUB) 10 inch sub

DUAL 2-OHM IMPEDANCE
PEAK POWER 900 WATTS
FREQ. RESPONSE 30-1000 Hz
POWER RANGE 50-300 WATTS
RMS (150 WATTS PER COIL)

8 - gauge wire

I calibrated the amp so that the sub would cut out at a certain volume say 23 with all other settings stayin constant at what i like. But it still cuts off when i lower the volume as it would at 23 even when i go down to 18 it will still cut off. Before someone suggested that my ground might have been the problem so I sanded off the paint so its grounded to the frame. Now my problem is that some people is telling me that my AMP is defective (safe mode kicks in and cuts the sub) and other people is telling me that my AMP can't push enough power for my sub to perform(I dont know how to calculate the power supply for amp to sub and so on). I havent blown a fuse yet either cause i can't even push it near to the max without cutting out. Also i've checked all the wirings and they all seem ok to me and my friends. Any suggestions or solutions to my problem will be greatly appreciated as I am planning to either try and exchange for another AMP of the same model or get a new AMP to support my sub and use the old one for when I upgrade my 6x9's or something.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us