Adire Shiva - sealed volume - Jonathan

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 340
Jonathan - this one is for you.

Long time no talk by the way. I've almost missed you flunkies! (No offense of course).

I've got a Shiva sitting hear collecting dust and no box. I just want a cheap (prefab)sealed box to slap it into and push about 325w (4ohm) to it. What volume will give it the best bang until I can set it properly? Do you know if you can still get the Mark IV anywhere?

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4374
I'm guessing you're talking about the Mark IV and before. They do best with 2.25-2.5 cu ft net. Not a small box sub by any means, and I doubt you'll find a prefab 12" box that big. 2 cu ft with some stuffing could do the trick. Don't know of anyone that still has the Mark IVs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 341
Well, so much for that. What about ported volume? Does anyone have the MK V yet?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4375
3-4 net for optimum performance. Works best tuned in the low 20s, meaning a really long port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 342
Yikes...I have no space for this! Okay, like new Mk IV Shiva for sale....Just kidding.

Now, What's the new "best bang for the buck 12" that runs on 300W Rms 4ohm or 500+w 2ohm. Looking at about $100-$125 max not including the box. Would like it to run well in "small" sealed box.

Last time I was in the thick of this, it was the Vega Vmax. How are the new Alpine TypeR's or CompVR's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
Anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us