Ohms question

Anonymous

how do u figure out how to run your subs at what ohms-- i know u can buy 4 ohm subs and 2ohm subs-- but what is a 1 ohm sub-- i have never seen one for sale

also are the eclipse ti 12 1 ohm stable-- or is it only a certain type of ti-- 15?? 15 pro??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3821
well here is a link to check out what different ohms you will be running at with different configurations between different subs wether they are dual voice coil or single voice coil. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp also subs dont need to be stable at and impedence its the amp that needs to be 1ohm stable to run the impedence that the sub is gonna be producing.

Anonymous

how do u figure out how to run your subs at what ohms-- i know u can buy 4 ohm subs and 2ohm subs-- but what is a 1 ohm sub-- i have never seen one for sale

also are the eclipse ti 12 1 ohm stable-- or is it only a certain type of ti-- 15?? 15 pro??

someone who knows??????`

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1031
I don't think you can find a SVC (single voice coil) 1 ohm sub but if you need a 1 ohm load it can be accomplished with a DVC (dual voice coil) 2 ohm sub wired in parallel.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3824
RTFM!

Anonymous

alright thanks alot bassmanmike.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 252
ok yur amp doesn't tell yur subs what ohm to play at...its the opposite...the speaker has a set ohm load and it puts a lower or higher ohm load on the amp...it also depends on how you wire yur speaker...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us