Which subs to get?

hotcold
Unregistered guest
I have a Rockford Fosgate 1000bd amp and I am looking for some subs for a hatchback. I want SPL this is what I was thinking, one of the following:
One RE SX
Two RE SE
One or Two AA Ava
One MTX 9500

Whichever sub I get will go into a Snail Shell enclosure.

I would like opinions, reccomendations, or any other responses. Remember, I want SPL so should I go with 15's or 12's?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 244
15s

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1016
I would go with 15's. What is the RMS output for the amp and at what ohm's is this? Also I forgot what class amp that is.

hotcold
Unregistered guest
Class D I believe mono amp putting out 1000 watts RSM at 1 ohm, but I have heard with these amps are overrated and it could be as high as around 1300 watts RMS.

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1017
You mean underrated? You could pretty much run anything you mentioned off of that at there RMS so idk its a tough choice. I personally think the 9500 or the SX would have the highest SPL out of those.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 988
i think you meant underrated...and since you are going to get a snailshell i would recommend getting the mtx 9500 because that sub in a snailshell will outperform the others you mentioned

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 115
ya the mtx 9500 is basically built to be put in a snailshell otherwise its basically the worst out of that list-- so if u have a ss box then the mtx-- if not id say the sx just because they are insane

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 885
legacy audio u stupid azz...

Lol the mtx's are outsane..
jk

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 122
if you want pure spl I'd look into the Digital Designs 9500 series, if its in your price range...cant remember msrp.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 889
lol there 9900 series is louder..
the msrp of the ones u listed is like 1000+
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us