$200 for a professional installation !!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Mbenz10

Post Number: 13
My locar audio shop told me an estimate of $200 freakin dollars to install my system. Is that bull or is that the real price to smething like this?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 613
Well around here like the minimum for installing is $40/hour. So they might be estmating that it will take 5 hours or so. Also, if I owned an audio shop I would give a higher estimate just to be safe, or people can get mad if the price is higher than what the estimate was. Makes sense to me.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 484
my first system and only system that was installed by a professional place,.. 382.00.. they charged me 15.00$ to literally move the speaker boxes from the ground to the car. It said it on the rec.

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
was does your system consist of that is being installed?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4658
i would not pay 200 for an install unless it consisted of this, wiring speakers to amp under seat, wiring new hu, wiring an amp and sub in trunk. if it were only one of these three trhings i woujld do it myself, but if i got the offer for 200 i might take it

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 61
hellllllll noooooo ... diy!!! or get friends to help!!! lol

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 125
Sounds dirt cheap for a full install!
I'd be suprised if they did a good job for that little money.

Anonymous

I wouldnt do it
Most shops (in my exspeireince and my friends)over charge for installation i have heard many stories of shops doing bad installation work for waht they charge If u do choose to pay that Talk to the INSTALLERS befor hand tell them what you specifically want and have them explain what they are gonna do to make sure they know what they are talking about Its pretty easy to tell when ppl are bullsh*ttin

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 74
DONT PAY $200
be a friekin man do it urself read on the net how to do it its not that hard

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8964
uhh how much did you expect to pay?
$150 would cover a set of door speakers if I was installing it for you. You'd be paying another $65-85 for a head unit, $65-150+ for an amplifier and subs.. $200 is about where I start for an enclosure, trimmed out and installed.

you're really getting a pretty good deal to be honest.
labor isn't cheap.. and the better the installer, usually the more you're going to pay.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3807
That's pretty cheap GlassWolf. H00kers charge at least $100, I think.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 492
totally off subject but... who was the guy one here making " abc " boxes and what did they do?.. if it's what I think... I'd pay to have one drawn out for me.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 339
well its cheaper than a $700 install. *hint,hint*

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 378
hmm, i had an install for around 200$ too, they did a good job, and everything runs fine, but next time just so i feel like i did somthing im going to do it myself

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
also places that do installs have lifetime warranties(at least mine did) if anything ever went wrong/because of wiring they pay for everything/plus do the new install and all of that

that way, if they are idiots, wire somthing wrong you'll still get your stuff back

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 38
Glass....damn where would u get your installs done? Beverly hills?

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 167
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/kennywrx go here for abc boc print fo 2 8" subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
So i guess u guys say i should pay the $200 to get it done, but make sure they cover if anything goes wrong that they will pay for it ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
HA, i doubt glass would have anyone but himself do an install

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
HA, i doubt glass would have anyone but himself do an install

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 245
Well since glass is a installer himself, and a very good one at that, I doubt he would have anyone touch his cars when it comes to audio equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 272
DO IT YOURSELF

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 88
glass did u go to school for car audio or what? how do u no so much?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 720
What all are you getting installed?

If you've never done this before, or are lazy than have the shop install it. $200 isn't that bad if it's a decent install.

Be specific with what you want, and sit and watch them.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9029
Erik, that was what our shop rates were back in 1990 actually in the Washington DC metro area.
We were competitively priced with other higher end shops. We cost slightly more than Circuit City did at the time, but did much better and higher end work.
I was jsut quoting what I charged working for a shop as a certified installer.

Brooks, never went to an installer school per se, but I'm a certified installer, have experience professionally, and more factory training than I care to remember over the years, along with a couple of degrees. mostly, the experience is teh biggest help.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 126
What degrees do you have Glass, just curious as to how somebody would get into a career like that.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9041
electrical engineering and English

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
jeaz i thought 65$ was bad for a full install even the little hole in the firewall for your 12v cable to run through ... i just installed it myself it was pretty simple just the connection of wires i even placed the amp under my seat which barely fit ... 1500 watt amp ... i know u ppl are gunna say my amp is bad which kinda is but its made by audiofonics and supprising produces pretty clear sound but over heats alot ... 600rms its alright i got 2 audiobahn 400rms 12" it hits pretty hard all together but i just dont like the sound quality i want 1 12" but like a good one ... any one has suggestions beside a w7 or mtx9500

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
oh and why is it so much for door speakers most cars u can just pop out the grill without taking off the door paneling and u just clip 2 wires and re-attach the 2 new speaker wires and screw it in
u can twist them together .. melt them together.. put it in that little plastic cap and crimp it

the headunit i can understand 65 cause with older cars they use wierd colors like my 93 camry i installed all 4 speakers amp and headunit .. the head unit was a little bit of a pain cause i had to sit there and figure out which was a couple of the wires without messin it up cause it had different colors and no words on it

but one question wat do installers do different to install stuff other than looks and connecting the right wires

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
nothing those mofos work hourly so they take their time working on it......grrrrrr

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1942
GlassWolf. Im in the washington dc area. What audio shop did you install for ? curious.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 908
INSTALL YOURSELF OR GET A FRIEND TO DO IT FOR YOU FOR FREE, like me.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 909
That way you will be able to do it yourself next time.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9106
yeah and you can screw things up and come here begging for free help to fix whatever you blew up on your backyard install trying to save a few bucks instead of letting a professional do the work! Good idea Chris!

Ivan, you're misguided. Again.
Installers are paid by the job. the more work they crank out in a day, the more they make. This leads to other issues, but they aren't paid straight hourly in most shops. It's piece work.

Mo, I worked for Greg's quite a while ago.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 175
Glasswolf, what's actually kind of funny... those are the degrees that I would have guessed you had based on everything I have read of yours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us