Audiobahn or hifonics

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 136
should i get a audiobahn a8002t or a hifonics zx1000 amp? its gonna be pushing 2 kicker cvr's (dual 4ohm models)

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
just remember....the flames add extra wattage
on the audiobahn...so the more flames..the better

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
heres a kind tip... if you can buy it
at best buy then it doesn't belong in your car

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
that doesn't go for their top of the line cd players though

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
so hifonics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
Idk what kind of wattage do you really think that amp will give me the zx1000 supposed to be 500x 2 @ 2ohm rms

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i have a 400 watt rms amp on my mid & highs
and a 1500 watt rms amp on my bass and all i have is an interstate optima battery and i have no problems, my lights dim if you reaaally look at them at night but other than that you should be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
wtf are u talking about i never said is my alt going to be okay. im asking what kind of watts do u think that amp will really give me. i have a h/o 160 amp alt being shipped to me now

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i'm sorry i confused amp for alternator
most companies are fairly accurate on their rms wattage as long as the right amount of volts are supplied 14.4v....etc

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
well say that it was measured at 14.4 whats the formula to find out 12.5 wattage

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1002
There is really no way to accurately tell what the voltage will be because the amp wastes power converting the power inside the amp in the form of heat because no amp is 100% efficient, but if you wanted to rate it at a lower voltage I would say 13.8 and it won't be that much lower maybe 40 watts at most.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1005
And that slight amount of wattage difference isn't gonna make a noticable difference to tell you the truth.

Gold Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1006
"There is really no way to accurately tell what the voltage" sorry meant wattage. Im VERY tired.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 197
What the hell are you guys talking about?
Anyways, back to the intitial question, I would probably go with the Hi-fonics. But in all honesty I think there are better valued amplifiers out there.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 81
What else do u suggest for the guy in the same price range as Hifonics ? - Soundstream , Planet Audio or Power Acoustik . MTX is definitely priced more than these .

We're talking about budget equipment so don't any1 LOL !

He could choose 1 of these brands & get a mono amp that's slightly higher than whats needed , say get a 1200wrms if 900wrms is actually needed .
A friend who has 12yrs cra audio experience told me these lower priced brand actually put out 3/4 of their rated rms ......

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3802
A8002T is a good amp for the money. I'd pick that over Hifonics.
JBL would be a better choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
will the 8002 t be enough though, i mean id rather have that so i dont have to go through alt and battery upgrades but also i want it to be enough power for the subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us