Wiring lights to a switch

Username: Kory88

Post Number: 2
i would like to wire my strobe lights inside my truck to a switch mounted on my dash. i dont want to plug it in to my cigarrette lighter connection. dont i just connect wire up to my positive battery terminal and splice into the cord on the strobe light? or do i need some sort of fuse first?

Bronze Member
Username: Pricey1985

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 11
Hey, My suggestion is to put it through a fuse first just in case, Or you could just splice it in to the positive behind the cigarrette lighter, this would allready be fused. This way you wont need to run the wires through the firewall and up to the battery.
I have stobes in my car hooked up to my subs so it blinks with the beet of the music.
I hope this helps.

Post Number: 9
hey thanks. another question though-does the existing fuse care if 3 or 4 strobes are attached to the cigarrette lighter circuit? the fuse wouldnt need to be replaced with a bigger one would it?

Bronze Member
Username: Pricey1985

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 14
Depends on the current draw of the strobes, are the strobes you talk about just neons.
Each of mine are 450mA and i have 3 of them so they draw 450 X 3 = 1350mA = 1.35A
If you want you could up it by a little, depends what size is in it to start with.

Post Number: 10
yes just neon tubes. thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us