MTX 9500 15" in a hatchback

bottomsup
Unregistered guest
How would an MTX 9500 15 sound in a hatchback running off a rockford 1000bd, looking for SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 980
it owuld soudn good IMO if you have it in a ported enclsoure or even better a Snailshell:-)

bottomsup
Unregistered guest
what exactly is a snailshell?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1919
That will be very loud and hurt. Especially in a snail shell box. You can find out more at www.powered4sound.com

bottomsup
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot! How about an RE SX in a snailshell?

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 983
they will get very loud as well but not as loud as the 9500 in a snailshell..the mtx 9500 is the sub thats performing best in their enclsoures so far. Or so i heard

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 984
but the Re Sx and snailshell combo will be cheaper and im sure it will satisfy you but of coarse if you have the money go for the mtx 9500

bottomsup
Unregistered guest
My friend's dad owns a car audio shop and offered me 3 MTX 8500 12's for $500, so I could probably get the 9500 fairly cheap. I have a Rockford 1000bd, could I run a 12 or a 15, and which would have more SPL for bass cd's.

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 986
15" i would reccomend. If you're going toget the snailshell i would see if you can fit a 18" high by 34"long by 20" deep enclsoure.

bottomsup
Unregistered guest
The 15" MTX 9500 will hit really hard? I listen to alot of bass meckanik. I also want to know while I have your attention: I have a 05' Acura RSX, I know it doesn't have a large ALT, will I be able to run this setup off the stock ALT, because they don't make a HO for my car; maybe an aftermarket battery or something? you tell me.

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 56
I dont how strong an amp you have but I have a harrison lab 1600 watt Audio engine running off a stock 120 amp alternator and I have no problems with dimming lights. I also have a Optima yellow top and a 5 farad fosgate cap.

It gets loud enough to loosen panels in my cherokee.
But thats in the mtx enclosure

Gold Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1002
yes i believe they make an HO alternator for trhat car..Try www.mralternator.com www.excesiveamperage.com and iraggialternator.com for alts for yyour car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us