Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15

Newberry
Unregistered guest
What are the specs on the Avalanche 15 and how do they compare to other 15's. Any opions are fine thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 609
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Avalanche%2015.htm

Is a google search all that tough?

Newberry
Unregistered guest
I can't be typing all those g's and o's. Anyway, could I sufficiently power 2 of those with a Rockford 1000bd, and would that combination be loud with a bass mix?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 239
um...it depends on the vc's...if they are dual 4 ohm yes you could...those rockford amps are very underated...that thing says itl put out 1000rms @ 1 ohm...but on many birthsheets ive seen it says anywhere between 1300-1500(although at 14.4v...so yur electrical system must be decent to get the power)...but yea it should be fine aslong as those are dual 4's...dual 2's you may want to think about gettin a different amp...if you are absolutly stuck on the ava's...otherwise keep the amp and look at some different subs...

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1915
Ive decided to go 2.2 cu ft. sealed and power it with a CrossFire VR1000D and get real low and loud. I will make a post once its tested.

Newberry
Unregistered guest
My problem is I have an acura rsx and I know the amps are probably really low on the alternator. Other than upgrading alts, could I run an optima battery or something. I also have a 5 farad cap.

Newberry
Unregistered guest
Also, any recommendations on a sub or multiple subs for that amp, looking for SPL<SPL<SPL, I like bass cd's and rap.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1916
Look at the CrossFire VR1000D / they make excellant amps for subwoofers. They give more spl to the sub then most amps and the price is good. Also first install it and see how if your lights dim at night. If they do then go to www.excessiveamperage.com and have nathan build you a top quality HO alternator to suit your needs. Im running 1 CrossFire VR1000D mono amp and another 300 watt rms amp for my componants and i just ordered my 180A alternator from nathan at excessiveamperage.com

Newberry
Unregistered guest
I already emailed him about an amp for my car (2005 Acura RSX) and he said the doesn't have one available for me, nor does any other company at the moment. Like I said, would a battery, battcap, or any other solution work if my lights do dim?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1918
NOPE. Only way to help that is to upgrade to a HO alternator. ONce you upgrade to the HO alternator the CAP will be able to help on those big bass hits for a second to back up the alternator for a second. Other then that all those mentioned wont do anything else.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 318
The perfect HO alternator http://cgi.ebay.com/1600-AMP-Iraggi-Alternator-THE-AMPUTATOR_W0QQitemZ5793117192 QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem lol jk

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3394
"Look at the CrossFire VR1000D / they make excellant amps for subwoofers. They give more spl to the sub then most amps and the price is good."

Really, the amp gives more spl to the sub than other amps? What a strange statement..... I didn't know amps gave spl to subs at all. Amplifiers supply the juice, and the subwoofer produces the sound, and the sound is measured in db's. SPL stands for Sound Pressure Level.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3813
yeah thats kinda funny! I guess crossfire knows something that every other company doesnt!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1922
They make good amps for subwoofers in general.

Alchemist
Unregistered guest
What does the birth sheet on your amplifier say?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3400
They make good amps for just subs huh? Is that because it's harder to screw up a class D amp? Your not gonna hear distortion as easy with subwoofers, as distortion is very hard to detect in low frequencie. This is why, in reality, if you hook up a Sony amp and an Arc amp, as long as neither is clipping, both setups are powring the same sub, in the same enclosure, and in the same vehicle, they should both sound the same. As long as the TRUE power ratings match up as well. The main problem with lower quality companies, is that their amps are made of cheap materials, that are easy to damage, and don;'t last long. Most lower end companies also give out false stats, in order to make their products appear better than they really are. You can't take any stat Pyle or Legacy gives about their products seriously. This being said, as long as a Pyle amp isn't being driven into clipping, then it's actually not gonna "sound bad".

Bronze Member
Username: Big_lou

Post Number: 61
explain these crossfires for me a little bit more please MO or James

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3814
well said Nick! lololol is all I can say about this thread lolol!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3402
All you can do is laugh... MO isn't making very much sense...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1924
Well the crossfire amps are underated amps and they are very good brand. The amp is rated at 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm at 12.5 volts. With a strong electrical system you can see up to 1332 watts rms total as stated on the birth sheet. It puts out all of this power with a fuse rating of 120A so thats called efficiancy. If you whould like to see how they compare to similar amps with the same power then check out this.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

James and Joe are very immature by the way so im sorry for them.

Anonymous

Well Mo they are OLD i think they might be having a secret relationship or something they even call each other at night. They always try to talk crap and when someone talks crap to them they get all butthurt. I dont know about you but i dont take their advice seriously and i've talked to other people on here that say the same thing. just let them lovers talk to themselves if they post just ignore the immature.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3406
Darn, we are, aren't we...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3819
hahahahaha good one MO! and for anon(MO) once you learn a few things maybe we wont have to correct you all the time.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3414
Everybody knows James and I are lovers, duh....

What's the difference between us, and MO secretly seeing Phil from woodlawn?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1030
lmao

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3822
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

USA

Post Number: 92
WOW sometimes i think old people are more immature than young people i guess it was true......
its people like you guys that make this forum g@y

Username: Panocha

Post Number: 6
quite possibly the most stup!dest people in one thread........

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1928
Grow UP James and Joe and keep your ignorant comments to yourselves.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3827
humm my nutt sack MO!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1933
You can talk all you want on here.. But i whould like to see you talk big like this in person. Wish you were around here and i knew you then you whouldnt be so confidant. Grow Up Longo!

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 243
That is funny though how a lot of people act so tough on the internet. When they know damn well they wouldn't be running their mouth face to face. This comment is not directed twords anyone in particular, but if you take offense to it then stop trying to be a internet tough guy.

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 163
:laughs: From CAr audio to jerry springer in 3 post... wow .. Yet another reason why god hates stupid people.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us