RE XXX components

greengiant
Unregistered guest
I would like some information on the RE XXX 6.5 inch components. I want the specs and any opinions on them. Do they put out some good bass?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 235
components arent made to put out "good bass" they are supposed to handle the mids and highs mostly...and some lows...

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 316
I've heard that they compare to some 8" subs. I only know that it has 13mm of excursion and I think its bigger than a normal 6.5, maybe more like 6.75 or 7.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 981
cant comment on them but i can tell you that the component set is not out yet..but the Re XXX mid is out:-)..bt i have heard they are quite huge for 6.5's

greengiant
Unregistered guest
how about the RE components, are they any good. Those XXX's seem like they will need a box, and I don't have that kind of room. Therefore I think the RE components will install much easier, and also, would the RE's run off a decent head unit like a top quality Alpine or lets say a Pioneer DVD.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 317
Yes they will run pretty good under hu power. http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=46848&highlight=components

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 240
Um Re components are out some people need to stop posting if they do not know what they are talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 982
UHH i know what im talking about because Oso anybody on here will tell you and you can even call RE the RE XXX component SET IS NOT AVAILABLE YET.. however the mid is available but the whole XXX component set is not available yet..The RE re component set is available but that was not what he was asking about

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3393
"and also, would the RE's run off a decent head unit like a top quality Alpine or lets say a Pioneer DVD"

No mid-bass or component sets are really gonna run that great off a headunit. There are no headunits that put out nearly enough power, there may be a few that put out 25 watts rms, but I have yet to see anything that puts out more than that. If your getting RE components, you definitely need an amp.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 795
Anyone know how much the XXX mid is by any chance??? At some point in the future i would like to use them as my midbass in place of my stock unused 6X9's in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 242
ok once again dumba$$ RE does make components. Check your fact before i really make you look even more stupid than you already do saying they dont. You got PWNED!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4372
1: You can't run the X.X.X. mid off of a head unit. This isn't because of the mid, but because of the HU. The X.X.X. mid is a 2 ohm mid, which will overload nearly any head unit amplifier.

2: The X.X.X. mid does put out good bass, but it is inefficient and lacks BL. SQ isn't the greatest. Adire Audio Extremis is the same price and IMO a better alternative, for SQ and SPL. Even being 8 ohms, it is nearly as efficient.

3: The X.X.X. components aren't out yet, you can only buy the midbass drivers. The RE component set is available and is similar to the Adire Kodas. XXX set lacks crossover and tweeter.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us