Alternative to subs?

grease
Unregistered guest
I don;t have much space in my car for a sub, what alternatives are there? Is there something like a 6" bass speaker i can put in the shelf?

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
There are 6" and 8" mid bass drivers, however the form and function of these speakers are far from actual subwoofers. Most people that have these mid bass drivers x them between 80 and 120, and Ive heard extremely differing views on where to cross for highs,and use real woofers for everything below 80. I enhoy hearing these midbass drivers because they cover most bass guitar and drums, along with some real low guitar and vocals, so they front speaks do not have to play very low at all, and the real bass is handled by a real sub. But again, these are not meant to be replace a sub

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
I do not know what type of car you have, but some companies like mtx, make "thunderforms" which are vehice specific to blend into the vehicle and use minimal space, and infinity makes a basslink and basslinkII (extra power) which take up about 1 ft^3, and sound ok

grease
Unregistered guest
I have a peugeot 406 euro car! are there no 6" bass drivers avaia

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 501
elemental designs came out with a 6.5" subwoofer...3.5" deep...called the EU 700...check it out on the website...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us