Need help with building new box.

Username: Phlipcyde

Palmer, Alaska United States

Post Number: 4
I am planning on building a new ported box for my 15" xxx to replace my old sealed one in my 2000 neon. Due to the size of the box and the way my trunk opening is shaped, I am going to have to build it piece by piece inside the trunk. I know this has been done by other people, but I was curious as to how you ensure a tight seal of the box edges without the use of screws. I was thinking fiberglass might work, but since ive never used the stuff, i was not sure.

I also want to use a port plug to be able to have a daily driving setup, but also be able to compete when I want to. In order to make that work ill need to face the box forward. Would that make a huge difference in sound? I've heard if you face the box forward and then isolate the cabin from the trunk it will sound fine, however I do not understand how you isolate the cabin from the trunk.

I hope someone can answer my questions and appreciate any advice on how to do this. Hoping to start this project soon.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 577
as far as building it inside the car u might be able to use clamps depending on how tight it is. ud want to use alot of glue and seal the inside all around very well with silicone.. as for facing the box and such jon writ some helpfull info on this here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/152472.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us