Unique whips

astrosafari
Unregistered guest
hey i seen a while ago that u guys were talkin about "p1mp my ride" on mtv. well there is a new show on "speed" that is called unique whips. it is based on the same stuff just that rich people get there cars done the way they want here.i think that show is alright but i have not seen it that much. i have noticed that they nail there sub boxes together with a nail gun and they just use some wood glue with that, no sealing either. i was told not to nail them and to seal them air tight, and since then i have done that but my boxes were nailed together by the person that made them. if pro's on tv nail them together then why was i told different??

Bronze Member
Username: Bassss

Post Number: 30
casue its faster than a screw gun an they dont show all of the fabercation on tv just a lil bit an i watch that show every wensday an its go0d an i think screws will no better than nails since srews got threads an nail dont might crack the wood a lil but its still better

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 578
dude u gotta work on your grammar lol.. anyway nails, screws or clamps .. they all do the same thing , hold the wood together untill the glue dries.. once the glue is dries the nails and screws make no difference , the glue is what holds a box together.. provided u use the right glue of course it should bond better than the wood itself

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 81
That show is awesome every vehicle they do has jl audio subwoofers. They must really like Jl plus the celebrities have an unlimited budget so they can afford the best.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 112
I wouldnt say jl is the best, probably the best of the "well known" brands, but there are better.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 116
and scott, you gotta learn to use the 2 buttons to the right of the 'm' or else nobody is ever gonna understand you.

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 155
lol cody....

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 67
I really like that show - saw every episode ,very entertaining but they're showing reruns lately .

Some of us had discussed it a few wks back & we gathered they use all JL & Alpine cause its good & they buy alot of it , don't know if u notice they buy it by the palette(large flat crate) full . That way its less worries of deciding what brand to use , sorta like a tyre shop selling only BF or Goodyear .
Always like the colorful language used - lol . Alot of the staff especially Remy like to look/pose @ the camera while they work . Those wealthy clients don't bother with details just deliver their rides to them & let them do what their thing .

SOME NETWORK SHOULD COME UP WITH A SHOW THAT SHOWS ONLY AUTO AUDIO INSTALLS - NOW THAT WOULD KICK @SS !

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 69
BTW - i was the guy who started the thread : ' Sony used on MTV's P!mp my ride , u all !' , a few wks ago.... heh , heh .

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 60
I have watched every episode from the beginning. Is it just me, or does anyone else think they are a hack shop? I mean I would never think about doing some of the things they do in an install, especially not for celeb's like that!

LOL, the best was when he screwed up that box and made the back piece to small. He just hacked up the box and cut it while it was put together and tried to put a new back on it. Or when they spray painted that guy's interior! They put the box in and the whole thing got scratched up.

IDK, some things they do just don't seem very professional!

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 73
'I have watched every episode from the beginning' - me too & watched how he patched up the box .
Who knows ,if he sealed back up the joints/edges properly , it can work . I myself when it comes out slightly inaccurate have to sand out a little material to get it right . Looks like he had to take out a bout 2" though ! Yeah he messed up on the int. too .
Celebs don't care anything once its looking/sounding blinged out .

U saw this past Wed night when in the heat of the moment & to make a new customer Will got hoodwinked so easily ? - they all must have felt like total @$$ES eh ?! . This same episode too i saw them use a hand held drill to widen the lug nut holes - could they not have it done by a machine shop or at least use a drill press !

What about that 'don't have anything better to do' athlete who had 56 PLASMA screens installed all over his house ? - $ does make people really stuuuupid , lol .......

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 77
Lol, I was working on Wed so I didnt get to see the episode yet. I usually watch it during one of the reruns during the following week.

I just can't believe that they are even on TV. Those guys are serious hacks in a lot of things they do. Everything just seems very "cheap" and un-profesional. I wouldn't think of doing the things they do to anyone's car, but if I got to work on a Celeb's car, I would make sure everything is done PERFECT! They just don't car lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us