Comments on new setup

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i am getting a Treo SSX 12" sub in a ported box and running a Treo 750.1 which does 1500watts rms at one ohm(stable). the sub can handle 2,000 watts rms. will it be potent?

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
is there a better setup for a single 12"

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1349
What is the box ported to frequency-wise?

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
i'm not sure but the guy who builds the box has already done two in a 300zx with 2,000 watts on each and it hit at 152 decibels!!
Probably 30-sumthin hz

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1351
Not a bad setup, you might look into getting an amplifier that has a bit more power however. And your charging system can handle this?

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
no i will have to get an optima battery

the reason i'm getting that amp is b/c right now i have a single ten ported that handles 300 watts rms and that amp does 375 watts rms at 4 ohms and if i were to get a more powerful bass amp it would blow my ten

the next amp up does no less than 750 watts rms at 4 ohms(Treo 1500.1)

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 144
Why don't you just wait until you get your new sub before getting an amp? Your new setup will be the one that you're the most interested in anyway, this is just a temporary thing. If it's gonna be a while, and you wanna get the amp now than i would get the good amp, and turn the gains down. Because who wants to underpower something that monsterous... there would be no point of getting it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us