Does it matter which way the subs face

Bronze Member
Username: Josh2289

Post Number: 16
Does it matter which way i face my subs in my bandpass box what would give better spl?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 984
Do you have a picture?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 985
Or maybe a link so I can have some idea of what your box looks like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Upload here dont know if that one up there showed up

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 986
Theres only one way to do it and thats to have the magnet in the terminal area because if you mounted them with the magnet facing out into the viewing area you won't be able to get the wires to them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Well i was lookin on ebay and 90% of the boxes like this had the magnets in the viewing area and ran the wires from right threw the hole and screwed it in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well i was lookin on ebay and 90% of the boxes like this that were loaded had the magnet in the viewing area and just ran the speaker wires threw the hole and screwed the sub down over the wire, i think i have them backwards with the magnet on the bottom because it doesent hit that hard.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
WOops double post my bad ^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
See look at this and look at the wires its the same box
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 710
Magnets on the outside look cheesy anyways.

You don't want to make that enclosure any worse than it already is so I would add any holes for wires.

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 46
Sub placement can make a HUGE difference in the way it sounds/meters. Please read my post in a different thread if you'd like to learn more...

Click Here for More!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
All im asking is which way to face it for more spl
Would i get more spl with the picture up there or the other way around?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
With a bandpass box like yours, it really does not matter. The only place sound is coming from is your ports, therefore facing it forward or back will not change where the sound is coming from.

The only time it matters (usually) is when you have a ported or sealed box which affects the phase and wavelength.

If the ports come out of the top, don't worry. If they are coming out of the front or back - face them toward the back of the car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Are you talkin about the box or the speakers because im talkin about which way i mount the speakers in side the box

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 123
you face the speakers with mag in port area dont do it the other way, its going to sound like sh*t anyways because its a bandpass box not to mention a chep one that isnt tuned specifically, either way you do it it will sound the same ive had a box like that when i first started and it was horrible, if i were you id go with a sealed or ported, what kind of subs do u have? P.s. if you run the wires through the holes like in the pic u posted, it WILL ruin the surrounds of the subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Either way its not gonna sound right, the box isn't designed specifically for those subs ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us