Clifford Concept 100...

Username: Fluffhead

Post Number: 1
I have an older clifford concept 100 alarm. I have always had an intermittent problem with it and have taken it back to the place where it was installed numerous times. Hopefully somebody will have some advice.

When the weather gets hot and muggy I have noticed that the alarm does not function. You cannot turn it on or off, activate valet etc. Pressing the button on the remote does absolutely nothing. This would not be a huge problem except that it disables the starter when this happens so that I cannot even start my car.

Any ideas as to what the problem is or what I can do to start my car when this happens?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 787
Wow Tim that's hard one. I hate working intermitent problems like that. I would check the power wires first (fuses and so on). Thats the first thing I can think might cause all those problems. If the power wire checks out ok, I would say it has to be the brain or harness. Has the dealer replaced the brain yet. If not ask them to if they can't find the problem.

They might not be able to get the 100 anymore. If thats the case, and they are dragging their feet about replacing the brain. Ask them how much to upgrade. They should do it for damn near free if they can't find the problem, but not all dealers are that nice. I would expect about 100 bucks maybe a little more. If they try to charge you close to full price, don't do it. Go talk to another local clifford dealer, and tell them your delima. If you seem to be a good customer, they won't mind helping you out.

Username: Fluffhead

Post Number: 2
Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. I have had the dealer replace all the wires and the fuses so I am comfortable that they are not the problem. They are unfortunatley being a pain about doing additional work because when I bring it in it always seems to work. I will try another clifford dealers.

Is is possible to just remove the part of the alarm that disables the ability to start the car? This solution is certainly less than ideal but it would solve my biggest problem.

Thanks again.

-Tim

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 792
Yes it is. Ask the dealer if they can put in a switch (hidden) that will bypass the started disable in case this happens again. If you don't like that idea, they can remove the starter kill and reconect the factory wires without a problem.

RickiC
Unregistered guest
I have been having exactly the same problem with my concept 300. Not sure if this will work for you but I normally get the alarm working again by opening the bonnet and pressing the sensor a few times. Far from an ideal solution but at least you get control of your car back!

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem also with my concept 300.
Always on hot days when I have been on the gas a lot so the motor is way hot, until today that is, it was quite cold & only went on a short run then got out to go shopping and NOTHING!!!
It will normaly reset itself after 1/2 hr or so but not this time! I am on my second brain (& keyfobs) now with the same problem.
Im sure it has to be somthing with the signal but am no expert.
I have called the guy who fittem mine & will hopfuly have him look at it next week.
Will let you know how I get on.

By the way, did you know if you key in your valet code on the control pad, it will at least let you drive it away.

PhilipLee
Unregistered guest
Based in the UK, and have a similar problem on my Range Rover with Clifford 300 alarm, fine most of the time but when damp refuses to operate the alarm and allow tha car to operate I was wondering if there was an aerial wire that could be grounding out on the chassis when damp, its almost as if the remote had failed but replaced it and it still continues, local clifford dealer reckons it is all right, unless I can find a solution its rip it out and replace with something else.
So far been unable to find a wiring diagram, any ideas on locating one?

PhilipLee
Unregistered guest
Based in the UK, and have a similar problem on my Range Rover with Clifford 300 alarm, fine most of the time but when damp refuses to operate the alarm and allow tha car to operate I was wondering if there was an aerial wire that could be grounding out on the chassis when damp, its almost as if the remote had failed but replaced it and it still continues, local clifford dealer reckons it is all right, unless I can find a solution its rip it out and replace with something else.
So far been unable to find an alarm wiring diagram, any ideas on locating one?

G McVann
Unregistered guest
Whey hey!
my c300 G4 is now working again!
I managed to get the guy who fitted this to my truck, round & diagnosed a bad aerial.
He connected a new one in about 15mins (just a push in connector, but had to take some trim off to get to it).
He also said some of the early G4's now have problems with the aerial due to the frequency being used by computer networks that use the same frequency.
A newer version of the G4 aerial is now available.

G McVann
Unregistered guest
Philip
Check out ebay item # 8012704260 (ebay UK).
Clifford wiring instructions.
Might be what you want?
I have nothing to do with this auction buy the way.

PhilipLee
Unregistered guest
Thanks G McVann, I'll contact my local dealer and see if he can supply a new aerial

Unregistered guest
Can someone send me the concept 100 wiring diagram if they have it. please please

PhilipLee
Unregistered guest
Had a new aerial fitted by my local dealer and that seems to have solved the problem - alarm works every time, many thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us