Unique

Username: Criminole

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 9
I am starting a business proposal for a car audio/customization shop. I need different opinions from different people (knowledgable or not) of what makes an install truly unique. please respond with any opinions.

Also, on a side note, I was planning to purchase an 06 eclipse. I went to the dealership to test drive with hopes of purchasing it, but I'm too damn big to fit in it. The one time playing college football was a drawback.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 477
what makes one unqiue? * sarcasm.. * spoiler alert.

Get something no one else has... and brag... A LOT.

k thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 69
where did you play?
football is never a drawback, live it love it

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4359
Honestly, there have been so many people doing so many different types of installs, that it is very hard to be unique other than to paint something different. I like really stealthy installs, amps that can hide in the floor, speakers that look like they came from the factory that way, head units that aren't focused on bling factor. Really, that is becoming more unique now as most big buck car installs end up with huge TV screens, gaming systems, fiberglass, and chrome all over the place.

Username: Criminole

Tallahassee/atlanta

Post Number: 10
I appreciate the comments so far. Brooks, I play for Florida State.

ASU!GODEVILS
Unregistered guest
I cant stand Bowden and FSU.. leaves a sickly taste in my mouth

Username: Poundingbass

Post Number: 2
yeah fiberglass is the way to make a car unique

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
l.e.d. lights to accent things is a plus. amp racks on a fiberglass bridge over the subs that are mounted flush in the floor in the trunk is one of the coolest things i've ever seen in a beater eclipse(no pun intended)

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 48
Unique? What do you mean you can't be unique anymore? OMG, if I had the time and money, I COULD BE UNIQUE!!

How about something like a car with fenders or quarter panels that fold out with amps lined on the inside? Watercooled amps? Stealth storage behind license plate - make it motorized?

Damn, now I gave away some of my secret ideas lol. Oh well... Anyway, I have done a lot of very Unique things that no one has ever seen. If you saw my car you'd know what I mean. I have a few things that no one has EVER seen before and looks very professional. Sometimes it isn't how crazy and detailed you make an install, but rather the little things you do. Pulling apart amps / caps / eqs / etc to put neons or led's inside for a mild glow or "accent". Or molding a TV where you have never seen one before. Just go wild and use your imagination.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 719
Jon, what you have described sounds like an episode of Plmp My Ride. I liked the idea about the seats with memory foam in them... how comfy that must be.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 146
Well... it should soind like an episode of p!mp my ride... On that show, that is what they are going for... uniqueness. How many ppl put waterfalls, fish tanks, bubble blowers, weird sh!t in their cars? Not many, which is why they do it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4364
There will always be room to be unique, I could take a dump in my car and it would be unique because it's mine. But, the entire drive for this industry is to be unique, and they are accomplishing this in the same or similar ways.

"How about something like a car with fenders or quarter panels that fold out with amps lined on the inside? Watercooled amps? Stealth storage behind license plate - make it motorized?"

Everything you've listed has already been done, many times in fact.

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 77
a passenger bus lined with subwoofers? that would be sweet

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 865
casey i had that idea....if it was possible lol:
SUBS IN THE RIMS lol

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 78
subwoofer steering wheel

Username: _beer_boy_

Post Number: 10
When i go to a shop im looking for work that already has been done that looks and sounds sick. I would never go to a "high volumn" type of install place as they are eager to finish jobs, not so eager to get it done right. Perhaps focusing on higher quality products, and extreme installs will put you in there with the rest of the big boys.... Lots of pics of different installs will help your success if they are clean.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us