What Insulation Should I Use?

Username: Justhumannature

Stockbridge, Ga

Post Number: 1
I built a fiberglass box built for two audiobahn 10 in subs and two 6 in speakers in the middle. The two speakers are in a separate compartment from the subs.

When I turn up the beat, though, my speakers vibrate heavily (duh) and I'm afraid they may bust after a while.

My question is: what insulation would be good to use to lower the amt of vibration to keep my speakers lasting? It took me months to build this box from scratch and I don't want to start over.

I will try using cotton and wall insulation soon and will give an update on how that helps.

Eric

Here's the pics of my box out of the truck:

Upload
Upload

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Are the speaks vibrating from the bass/freq. response? If so you could build a crossover so the speaks will not play bass. check this site out: www.the12volt.com
I dont know too much about these...but there are things called FMods which are basically passive crossovers, they will do the same thing, but Id try to find out more about them

Mikey H
Unregistered guest
Oh, you could also use polyfill if it is just rattling, get it for like $7 at walmart. For normal sealed enclosures the general rule of thumb is 1lb / sq ft

Username: Justhumannature

Stockbridge, Ga

Post Number: 2
Thanks a bunch! The polyfill seems like the easier solution, so I'll try that first and update back.

Eric
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us