Which is the king of all these 15" subs?

Lindendwood
Unregistered guest
RE XXX, MMATS Juggernaut, Treo Engineering CSX. I want to power one of thes three subs with a rockford 1000bd and am looking for something that will pound with bass mixes.

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 70
are you looking for the king of SPL or SQL? those arnt the king 15"'s if your looking for SPL, but i would go with the RE if i was looking for SQL.

Lindenwood
Unregistered guest
I am looking for SPL, the king is probably the RE MT, I don't want that kind of power. How does having lets say 2 15's at 500 RMS sound different as far as SPL than having one 15 at 1K RMS?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3799
if they are the same sub, in the same enclosure, from the same amp they would sound the same if the rms is 1000 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 25
what would be better, four 12'' rockford fosgate stage 1's, or two JBL GTO1204D? I want a good combination between SPL and SQ

Anonymous

well im sure ur stock component speakers will have more bass then those stage 1's so go with the JBL's

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 975
how much do you have to spend and waht power do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 141
the stage 1s arent bad for the money 100$ a pair for 12"s on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 51
Umm, the best 15" for SPL would be either:

TC Sounds Custom Carbon Fiber
(108db sensitivity - 6000W - 4" excursion!)

Kicker L7

Memphis

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
Treo SSX 15" handles 2,500 WATTS RMS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Hmm, the best three subs? here you go...

TC Sounds custom Carbon Fiber (Eclipse Ti Pro frame)
(6000W - 108db Sensitivity - 4" Excursion!!)

Kicker L7

Memphis subs

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 409
LOL some shocker sigs would kick the sh!t out l7's and any memphis audio sub. just to let you know. and do have a website for that tc sounds sub, sounds pretty badass from your description.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4363
If you want high SPL get a Digital Designs 9500 or 9900 series. And get ready to pull your wallet out.

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 27
im lookin to spend between - and I have a kicker kx 600.1 @ 2ohm. I really want to get a pair of kicker comp vr's but for my sub I would need 8 ohm subs to parallel the two coils then the two speakers to get my 2 ohm but I can't find any 8 ohm. do they even make em?

Lindenwood
Unregistered guest
I said what is the best of the three subs that I listed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Quote:

"LOL some shocker sigs would kick the sh!t out l7's and any memphis audio sub. just to let you know. and do have a website for that tc sounds sub, sounds pretty badass from your description."

Maybe the L7's, but not the new prototype Memphis that's being released soon. I only mentioned the L7 because it is a very cheap efficient sub. It is a sub that most people can afford if they'd like to compete in SPL. I have seen a lot of people win Regional competitions with L7's.

I can't find the specs on the sub anywhere, but I found tc's site. There was also an auction on ebay a while back for one of these. According to his auction it is 34mm xmax (one way!). The subs were designed by Stephen Ponte. Anyone who knows a lot about car stereo will know this name - he is one of, if not the most well know audio engineer today.

Link to TC Sounds

Link to Ebay Auction

If I find another page with the specs on that sub specifically, I'll post it here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us