Alarm goes off randomly

Anonymous

Hi all,

I drive a 1997 Audi A6. Recently the alarm has been going off randomly when I'm in parking lots (even non-busy ones), but never when I'm parked in a garage or anything. I called the dealership to ask them if anything could be done (I know very little about cars) to decrease the sensitivity or disconnect the alarm (because I really don't need it). I was told the sensitivity cannot be reduced and disconnecting the alarm would result in a loss of power locks as well. Does anyone have any other possible options that they know of? And, for that matter, why the alarm would be going off in the first place? This has only been happening a few weeks now. Any help would be appreciated.
-Rick

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 788
Rick it sounds like a door, hood or trunk pin. If they get wet dirty, or out of adjustment, they will do that. Look under the hood, or under the trunk and see if there is a pin sticking up that would be pushed down when the hood or trunk is closed. I would disconect one for a few days and see what happens, and then the other. If its not the hood or trunk, watch your dome light and see if the door pins are going bad. Alot of times the dome light will come on when the door pins show an open and set off the alarm.

Well man I hope that helped. If neither of those turn out to be it, then its probably the brain.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us