Post Number: 228
i think the eclipse would have better SQ but idk which would get louder

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 858
i agree with doug

Username: Proks

Post Number: 10
I heard the only good 9500 is the 10inch, after that they dont really get any better but thats just what iv heard, iv tryed to hear them but they dont carry any in the stores i go to, you need to order them, so looks like im sol lol, but iv heard the top eclipse ti would be better

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4653
what proks was trying to say is this, the mtx9500 is comparable to the jlw7 as a 10 inch, mtx compares these sizes becasue if they can, if they did the 12 vs 12 or the 13.5 vs 15 than they would lose this effort, you see, as the jl line moves its superiority up in size the 9500 seires line does not. I would say that an eclipse TI has the ability to do either A)Be louder but sound THE SAME in sq
B)or SOUND WAYYY better and be the same in spl. just by the power and boxeds you put them in, also the only good box for the 9500 series is the ss box which is another 350 bucks, the Ti can use a home built box and WHOOOP butt

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 229
ya but who brought up JL? and the eclipse is like 320 and the mtx is like 350

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 497
nobody brought it up...but thats where proks heard that the 10 inch is the only good one...because the 10" is the only size that is comparable to a top of the line sub.

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 41
First of all, there is no comparison between an Eclipse Ti and a 9500. The Eclipse is built much better and stronger, much more accurate (sq), and very loud in a more usable range than a 9500. All around it is a better and more efficient sub.

I personally have a 12" Titanium, and sold 9500's at the shop I worked at. I recently installed (2) 10" 9500's in someone's car and they actually really impressed me. They were very tight, and EXTREMELY LOUD, but not very good for sq.

Also, the Titanium could be louder and sound better depending on the box. It all depends on what the customer wants to do with their box. If you have enough room and know enough about the sub, you can do both - with either sub. It just all depends on how much room the customer wants to sacrifice!

Bottom line, either one can be louder than the other or sound better than the other, or both. The Titanium could be louder and sound better or the 9500's could be louder and sound better depending on how much room you'd like to sacrifice. Overall though, you will be much happier with the Titanium.

BTW, just because the 10" 9500 is comparable to the 10w7, and the 12" 9500 is not comparable to a 12w7 does NOT mean it is not a great sub. It is still very good, and costs a lot less...

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
look at treo engineering's ssx 12" woofer... 2,000 watts rms for around $700

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Why would u be happier with the Titanium if they will sound the same?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 976
actully i think the mtx 9500 is built stronger than the eclipse Ti sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Donshiv

Post Number: 27
why do you feel it is built stronger?

Username: Poundingbass

Post Number: 3
the titanium is alright but the 9500 is a monster! I have 3-12" 9500's and they are insane. One of my friends has 3-12" Titaniums in the cab of his Dakota and my car is louder, and my subs are in the trunk. He has his subs in an 8 cubic ft. enclosure and mine are in a 6.25 cubic ft enclosure(slot ported of course). So the 9500 hundreds all the way.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 143
Like was stated above... you can make either of the 2 louder than the other with the right box/car. However, imo the Ti will most likely have better SQ at the same SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
ya but which car sounds better?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
LOL, what does that matter? You say he has an 8ft^3 box and u have a 6ft^3 box. That has nothing to do with a comparison. A smaller box may be better depending on the subs or the car.

The Titanium is built stronger. Stronger basket, stronger magnet, stronger spyder with woven tinsel leads, Lighter and stronger cone, better power handling.

Don't get me wrong, the 9500's are good subs, but the Titanium has been a better SQ sub by a long shot, and SPL wise it is louder at Lower frequencies. The 9500 may be better for high freq burping on a mic, but not for daily driven.

Eclipse is known for their Titaniums. They are a GREAT SQ and SPL sub. Not the best for competition, but great for daily use!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
BTW, the shop I worked at sold both of them. I have installed tons of each, along with many other subs. So I do have a lot of real world experience with each in many different cars and setups.

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 54
I had a 9515 and if you want SQ dont get it Its much better as a SPL sub but that is in the vented enclosure. I wanted to try it in a sealed but never got around to it. It can take alot of power for an extended period of time though. And in my own opinion only certain amps should be used on it or else it gets muddy fairly easy.

The mtx really only sounds good at lower volumes. If you do go with the 9500 only get the 10s

I havent heard the eclipse yet although I would like to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Would you guys go with mtx 9500, eclipse ti , Re xxx , Brahma?????? and why

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
I would go with the Eclipse Titanium 10" or 12" or the Eclipse Titanium Pro 15". I have sold just about every major brand out there and have personally chosen the Eclipse Titanium for my own vehicle. I have had a good chance to test a LOT of different brands and this was my favorite.

I like it because it is a VERY tight sub. Whether in a sealed or ported box, it has very good SQ. Nothing you put it in can really make this sub sound sloppy. It also has VERY high excursion and high power handling which also makes it a good choice for SPL/SQL. With sufficient power, one 12" is very capable of doing 150db and still being considered an SQ sub/box.

Aside from the way the sub sounds, it is also built very well. It has a monster of a frame and magnet. Very strong spider assembly with woven tinsel leads. Very durable surround and cone (Titanium). Bottomless design, so the sub won't bottom out doing damage. It also has very high power handling.

Finally, the quick change motor assembly sets this sub apart from most of them. If you destroy a voice coil, you simply unscrew several studs, unscrew the entire frame assembly and pull it apart. Order a new frame/cone and screw it back into place and you have a brand new sub again. This saves you a ton of money and a ton of money in shipping costs!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 640
Eclipse :D.

Anonymous

So with the 12'' and a Rockford t10001bd in a sealed box what would that be capable of that u have installed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Whats the differecne between the eclipse 15 and the 15 pro???

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
the pro runs on alot more power and is more of an spl sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 643
More $$$!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
There are a lot of differences with the Pro. First of all is that it can handle up to 6kw RMS. It has much higher sensitivity. Quad 1ohm coils. It is a monster for both SPL and for SQ. It is one of the tightest subs I have seen in a long time, so very good for tight accurate bass. Very low Fs, and able to play very LOUD at very low frequencies. It also has slightly more excursion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
In other words: it is litterally, one of the very best subs in the world. So good Eclipse is restricting them. They won't let me sell them yet. I have to be in business for so long, and sell a certain amount of stuff :-(.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us