71 ford torino alt upgrade

killezracing
Unregistered guest
Hey i have a 71 GT torino and my system is as follows

2 pwe 354 mb quart subs
1 raa 1000 mb quart amp @ 1ohm
1 Alpine Cda-7897
2 of the hardest hitting 6x9 in the world JENSEN!!!!!! these thing new cost a whoping 25 dollars more high end in than mb quart???? yeah right.
plus a computer
x-box
6.5 monitor
(xbox monitor and radio only thing installed now)

anyway the alternator(65 amp) is stock and will i need a upgrade. But i asked my dad could i use a alternator from a f350 truck or something instead of paying 200-300 on the alternator an will i have to change any wiring?

here is my car most people think starsky and hutch when i say torino and i hate that

http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3794
Nice car. Did you install the NOS yourself? What are you doing with the spare tire in the trunk? It's not needed for speed/sound.
Don't go cheap on alternator. It'll cost you more grief later. Since your car is old, you might find HO alternator for $150-$200. Well worth it. Instead of 65A, it'll be 175A-180A.
There should be a thread in this section on alternator. Read up on it. It'll tell you what wires need upgrading etc.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
Well as for the spare i need it its a driver not a showcar if something happens i use the spare i just replaced the radiator and actually the alternator come to think of it i bought it from napa just a replacement alt 30-60$ i think but can i run two alts one dedicated to the car and the HO alt to the sound system. Like ho alt to 2nd batt. then have every thing electronic wise to the 2nd batt. and can i just get one from a big truck and stick in there?

james earl jones
Unregistered guest
Nitrous in the ride wow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us