Need help deciding between 2 subs

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 57
Currently own 2 Kenwood KFC-W2509 subs.Wired at 2ohms.They are powered by the 5th channel of a 5ch amp 300w x1 @ 2 ohms.They are rated at 350w rms.They don't sound so good.I'm looking at the Cerwin Vega VMX10SVC rated at 200w rms.Any opinions between these two subs or should I just keep the Kenwoods and get a seperate,bigger amp?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 695
You are powering both your subs with 300w RMS? No wonder it sounds like crap.

With 300w RMS, look at Image Dynamics IDQ line or possibly an Ascendant Audio Atlas.

At any rate, I would disconnect one of those subs and only run one of them for the time being. I have always found it better to have one decently powered driver as opposed to two underpowered ones.

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 58
Hey David the amp puts out 300wx1 at 2ohms,If I disconnected 1 of the subs,(4ohm svc) wouldn't the amp produce less power?Sorry if this is a stupid question

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 714
Yeah, it would essentially cut it in half.

Image Dynamics IDQ series, or if you can find one, a Ascendant Audio Atlas would be perfect too.

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 59
the problem I have (besides budget) is the box only allows for a 5.25" mounting.Not a whole lot of quality subs in that range

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 718
Look at Diamond Audio TMC or something. I had one under the rear seat of my SIlverado before it got ripped off.

I fed the sub around 400w and had it in a tiny Kicker Impulse ported box, and the sub sounded pretty good. Also, I got the sub for $65 shipped from eBay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us