Will a hifonics be too much>?

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 114
I have 2 cvr 12's and i need a new amp now found a hifonics on ebay for 177 shipped model is - zx7500 says gives out 500 watts X 2 rms @ 2ohm is that too much power? i have the dual 4ohm model cvrs

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 772
2 dual 4 ohms subs yeild a 1 or 4 ohm load. That amp would underpower them. Just so you know, that amp does 150X2 at 4 ohms and 300X2 at 2 ohms. Plus, it is overated and doesnt even put out that much.

It does however say that it puts out 600 bridged at 4 ohms which would feed aprox 300 per sub which would still be lacking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
Nvm the zx7500 its the ZX1000 i meant to put up says it 500 watt rms x2 @ 2ohm, i can get each speaker down to 2ohm, but i just wanted to know if hifonics tends to have the ratings underrated or a little overrated and if they do it by 14.4 v or 12.5

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
You have to get each speaker in a dual 2 ohm configuration to use a 2 ohm load. If you did get the dual 2 ohms subs and used that amp you would be overpowering them by 150 watts, which isnt good. I just answered about the overating of the amps a bit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
Dam, i was thinking of a mono amp. You will be fine with that amp as far as ohms go. Power is a different story.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Well what amp would u suggest to me that is around that price range? im not going to connect the 2 speakers together to just have them on 1 channel seeing that i dont want to have to cut a hole in the middle of my box (using sealed) and cause a airleak possibly

Silver Member

Post Number: 775
wtf, you dont have to cut any holes in your enclosure if you bridge an amp. Take a look at this subwoofer wiring diagram for mono amplifiers.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
hey guy, how am i going to get the wires to the other subwoofer hmm is that a golden question?

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
to simplify things i would just get a mono amp and not deal with bridging the amp. Also, a class D mono amp will be more efficient and put less strain on your alternator.

Look at this amp. If puts out 1000 X 1 at 1 ohm. My guess is that it prob puts out around 900 or so. It would give your subs the same amount of power that the other amp would with the added benifits of a class D amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BX1000D-CLASS-D-MONO-AMPLIFIER-1000-WATT-NEW_W0QQit emZ5794915397QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. Are you sure your alternator will be able to handle this kind of wattage???

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
you put the wring in the input cups. Look at the diagrams and imagine an input cup where the wire would enter the sub. As far as the other wiring that is done, just positive to negative on each sub seperately.

I currently have 4 dual 4 ohm subs and nothing but input cups for each sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 778
Seriously, if you still dont understand and insist that i am wrong then then do some research on the net if you dont beleive me. This stuff has been answered so many times that it is just getting sickening.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Chris just would like to say thank you for the help i think i understand what u mean, " hook each sub to get a 2ohm load on each, then after connecting wires to their respective terminals on each side of box, splice pos to pos and neg to neg (Make 4 wires into 2) then run inot amp" correct, so you really think that running these subs at 1ohm on the amp is good? i dont want to over power them.. that amp has some good #'s for the price though (is hifonics a good company?

Silver Member

Post Number: 789
They are good budget company. I wouldnt buy anything but amps from them thoug. When i was looking for a 1000 watt budget amp that was the company i was going to go with until i decided to buy different subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
chris do u think this amp would get really hot at 1ohm?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us