Suggestions for a setup in my Honda S2000

Username: Erikdagenerik

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 1
I drive an S2000, and we all know that a lot of sound is lost with the top down. I don't really like bumping music when the top is up because there is too much rattling, unless I remove some pieces, but I will not get into that.

I have a plain Alpine deck (9847) with one 10in Solo L7 powered by a Phoenix Gold Mono-D 600W amp.

Bottom line, when the top's down, I'm not happy. I don't really care much for SQ considering the type of hiphop I listen too. I was considering getting a 10in Solo-X with a Hifonics BX2200. I've looked around the web and it seems that I could put together the two for a little bit under $1000. Anyone have any suggestions or input on my desired setup or perhaps a better setup? Thanks!

allende5
Unregistered guest
Add Bass Shakers to your setup. I have a Miata and was plagued by the same problem. Go ahead and buy a good sub/amp combo, but pay an extra $70 on ebay and pick up a set of bass shakers. Pair them up with an inexpensive 50w RMS amp and mount them either in, on, against or under your seat. The shakers create the allusion of bass by generating vibrations which you can feel on your seat. Sounds really lame, I know. However, it really does make a HUGE difference.

I'm in the process of overhauling my system, but I was running an Alpine 10" Type-X with an Audiobahn A8000T 800w RMS amp (cheap amp). When I added the shakers, I realized how much the perception of hearing bass is very largely based on feeling it. It's truly amazing.

Remember, it's not a substitute for a good sub/amp combination...it simply enhances the allusion.

It's one of those things where you just have to experience it to beleive it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AURA-PRO-BASS-SHAKER-PAIR-BRAND-NEW-IN-RETAIL-BOX_W0QQitemZ5 782352256QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

allende5
Unregistered guest
Here's a better link.

http://electronics.search.ebay.com/bass-shakers_Consumer-Electronics_W0QQcatrefZ C12QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ293

You want the Aura *Pro* Bass Shaker (which is 50w RMS), not the regular Shaker

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 393
for a sub look into the re mt 10 it will blow that solo out of the water but it will need a bigger amp, or if you can find them some shocker sigs would be a nice choice. and those bass shaker things look different, never tried one before, but i might be looking into them.

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 4
you're third person to recommend reaudio to me. i went to their site and i noticed that they don't give specs due to different driver configurations. well how much power do i put to an MT? 1000w? 1500w? 2000w? anyone know?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 551
lol...an MT in a s2000???........no...defintiely not enough room

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 567
well u could i suppose but there goes the trunk

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 698
MT is an S2000 would be a sight...

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 395
well he was thinking of a solo x which would take up more room than the mt would.

Livermore, CA US

Post Number: 6
im still new to the car audio scene. so i don't really know which subs work good in a small sealed box and which ones don't. someone from the forums told me that the RE MT's work well in a sealed box. So i don't know. I'm really frustrated. I need something that bumps (spl) with my top down. anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us