Components for my Jeep!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 638
Hey guys, I know this is in the wrong "catagory" but I know I never go over to the speaker section and try to "help" people.

Anyways, I just picked up a Jeep Cherokee for $525, and I'm gonna be "pimping" it. But first things first, I HAVE to have some music. And the moron that owned it did a hack job on the wiring, and the speakers are sh!t. I'm looking for something that'll sound alright, but more for the "tweeter" side. Mostly because I'm gonna put my Eclipse Ti's in there, and they'll handle all the bass :D. So the components will only have mids/highs.

Looked into MB Quart and Eclipse, but they're a little to pricey for me :D.

I'm pretty sure they're 6.5", but I'll have to double check on that.

Any opionions? Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3787
what year cherokee? ,ost likely its a 5 1/4 up front and 5/14 in the rear atleast mine is. I had to build new panels to house my 6.5 comp set up front.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 58
Same question for me. I have a Grand Cherokee with 6.5 door speakers. I dont think my pioneer 4 ways are going to be able to keep up with my new 12" w6v2's. Any suggestions on component speakers that are not to pricey, also possible amp for them

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3788
what is not too pricey? for some its $800 and for some its $200. In the $200 range I would go with Infinity kappa's run off a decent 50-100 watt amp. Are you running your 12w6's sealed or ported? If you want to step up a few bucks then you can get into lower line Boston Acoustic,A/D/S 246 line, mid line focal's, RE makes a good component set from what I hear, it really depends on how much you want to spend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
12w6's are ported

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3794
ok good they dont have the greatest output in sealed enclosure's. so whats your price range on the components?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Well after wasting alot of money, im starting to learn that you get what you pay for. So, im just lookin for somethin that will do the job. Doesnt have to be name brand. But, if it cost less and does the job ill take it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3798
OK you are kinda throwing me for a loop here. in your first sentence you said
"Well after wasting alot of money, im starting to learn that you get what you pay for"
now I coulnt agree more with this statement, if youe spend SH!T you are gonna get SH!T. now for the second statement
"So, im just lookin for somethin that will do the job. Doesnt have to be name brand. But, if it cost less and does the job ill take it."
If you know that you get what you pay for, why do you want to waste more money on something that is garbage and unreliable and you are gonna have to replace in 6months. Why not get something decent that is reliable and sound good up front and be done with it? Why would you have a JL 12w6v2(one of the best SQ subs) and want a crappy front stage? Thats like running a Ferrari with a gremlin motor with no oil! makes absolutely no sense to me why anyone would do this.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
When I said that, I meant if 2 sets of components do the same thing but cost less I'll take the one that cost less. For example, people keep sayin get the xxx because it will do the same thing the w7 will do but cost less. That is what I was tryin to say. Sorry for any confusion.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 639
I'll measure them tonight. Gotta run and get my Zapco C2K9.0, and that'll take most of the day. I'll be back!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us