Is it better to buy a Subwoofer made box or make it by yourself?

Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 8
like this one: http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/30113884-2-200-0.gif
(if you know the measures)

or buy the pieces and parts and construct it by yourself?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 365
do not buy that box. Almost all premade bandpass boxes are terrible. If you've decided on going bandpass, make one yourself or get someone to make it for you. If you have the tools, knowledge and ability to make a box, by all means, do it yourself. You'll save money and have a much better box that does exactly what you want, and will be the exact size and shape you want.

Unregistered guest
Scuba Steve, Do you know if audio stores ussually can make a custom box? If they do, what do they ussually run? And if i was looking at premade boxe's which would you suggest? Sorry about all the quistions but i barely know anything about boxes. If you or some one could help me out ide apreciate it?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 690
Most audio stores can make boxes. Pricing will vary too much for an estimate, you will just have to go to a store and ask for a price.

As for pre fabbed boxes, they suck. If you must buy one I would suggest a sealed box that is somewhat matched to the sub.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 374
www.powered4sound.com makes some bad @ss boxes. Just check out their videos. Other than that I don't know. I've never bought a box from anyone before. If you're going to buy a prefab box at a store or online, stick with ported or sealed. Those crappy bandpass boxes with the plexiglas windows are terrible. Your best bet on a pre-fabricated box would be a sealed box. If it leaks due to bad construction, it would be easy to fix with a little caulk. If you lived near me, I'd consider designing and building you one, but I don't want to deal with the hastle of mailing a 30lb wooden box.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 375
haha, true that david.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us