Help on Initial Amp Settings

Bronze Member
Username: Cnc837

Norman, OK USA

Post Number: 21
I have an Alpine MRD-M605 running at 600 x 1 at 2 ohms. I am trying to find out what bass boost and low pass crossover settings will be most compatable with my HU and 2 Subs. Should I use the HU's crossover, or the amps? Also, since my subs are rated at 300 RMS each, should the gain be all the way up? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 38
i have that exact same amp running a 1242 type r sub man. I am still trying to figure out how to adjust the gains. they say to match it with your hu,if it is 2v then the input sensitivity should be 2v and so on. The problem im running into is that with the gain turned up to 1.5 or 2.5 there is not 2 setting on the hu, it doesn't sound right.and the only way im able to really ring the bass out is adjusting it through the hu. i think the next thing i will try is the bass boost on the actual amp and run it at 1.5v, and make adjustments through the hu. Im in okc by the way man. let me know how it works out for you. and if you figure something out, let me know man. peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us