What would be the best system for my 97 Ford Explorer

Username: Daddy_dollaz

Chester, South Carolina United States

Post Number: 1
right now ive got 2 kicker L5s and a 1600 watt 2 channel MA Audio amp....my friend just got the same system i got so i gota out do him again...i think im gona sell all of it and once i get all my money together i should have about 1500-1700 to spend on a new system...i just want a lot of bass all the bass i can get... wut would be the best i could buy with the money ive got???

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2720
Hmmm, 1 12/15/18... which ever size you like... 1 MT... and spend rest of the money on the biggest amp you can buy.:-)
Second system, 2 RE x.x.x's, with 2 1500 watt amps... MTX would be a good choice.
I'd go with the MT... and put at least 2500 watts to it... you should out "thump" him anyday.

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 56
www.reaudio.com
look at the 15" MT. you could get one, power it to full, and completly redo your electrical system if you wanted to blow all your cash. and blow those L5's out of the water.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
those posts were one min apart. i guess im not the only one that loves MT's

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2721
Lol... I love the price!

Post Number: 2
u know a website where i can get the prices for all the differnt sizes??

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2723
Hang on... I'll post them in a minute... its on another forum I'm on...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2724
x.x.x 10 $395
x.x.x 12 $405
x.x.x 15 $435
x.x.x 18 $475

MT 10 $445
MT 12 $455
MT 15 $485
MT 18 $525

there is a $25 charge to change the x.x.x, or MT line to quad, or any other voice coil configuration.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2725
x.x.x 10 $395
x.x.x 12 $405
x.x.x 15 $435
x.x.x 18 $475

MT 10 $445
MT 12 $455
MT 15 $485
MT 18 $525

there is a $25 charge to change the x.x.x, or MT line to quad, or any other voice coil configuration.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2726
Sorry about that, internet problems.

Post Number: 3
thanx for all ur help man i hate to bother u again, but if i got that 18' how many watts u think it would need to sound good?? or wut would be a good amp for it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
im going with an orion 2500D for my 12" MT. there are more powerful amps out there, but i went with orion for quality and power, but man are these things power hogs.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2728
My favorite amp is the Rockford T30001BD, its 3000 watts rms, but its on the expencive side.:-) If you look hard enough, you might be able to find it around $1000.
The Orion would work great too. Around 2000 watts will work fine, but the more on these things, the better!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 386
well i would recomend the kicker 2500.1, which is underrated so its about 3000 watts and i only looked on one website and it was a little over $1000.

Bronze Member
Username: Ghowards

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 22
ok. for my first system (not looking to go incredibly huge) i got 4 12'' rockford fosgate punch S1's (150rms) in a MDF sealed box powered by a kicker KX 600.1@2 amplifier. Is that ok for a first system or does it completely suck?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 388
its ok for a 1st system.

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 23
thanx dustin. k now i got another question and I hope you guys can appreciate the competitiveness of this. My friend and I got into an argument of whose system is better. I know mine is nothing great, but he has 2 12'' volfenhogg 1000 watt a piece speakers powered by a 2000 watt 2 channel amp ( I dont know what ohm he is running it at though) and he is running a 1.5 farad capacitor but I heard those arent worth it unless your alternator can handle the load in the first place, so I got a H/O 170 amp alternator in my car too. Now he says his is so much better just because he has so much wattage can you guys help us settle this? I appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
quality over quantity

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 24
thats what I was thinkin. ok I know you are supposed to use a class D mono amp for subs, but why arent you supposed use a two or four channel amp? I know they are wrong but they tried to tell me that you need a channel for each sub but i know thats wrong.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 399
it all depends on what voice coil configuration your subs are, like i got my atlas's that svc 4ohm wired in parralle for a 2ohm load on my 1 channel mtx 801 amp, but my brother has his cvr's that are dvc 4ohm wired in parrelle so each sub is 2ohms so he can run each, off there own channel. hope that helps.
and on which system is better, watts doesn't matter as much cause my old kicker comps were only 150 watts and they were louder and sounded better than my friends volfenhags which were 400 watts.

Bronze Member

Clark, SD USA

Post Number: 26
ya actually that did help a bunch thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us