10 inch subs or 12's?!

Unregistered guest
I have a 95 Saturn SL (shitty Car) with a JVC - LH810 head unit, and im looking at putting in one or a pair, depending on price and sound, Image Dynamics 10" IDQ Dual 4 ohm V2 subs or some Alpine Type R's.. ive heard that 10's hit hard and clean, and the 12's hit deeper and louder but not great sound quality. I ussually listin to a lot of alternitive or rock, But i also like some good rap. Im debating wich one's and what size's to put in? I have in mind the Infinity Perfects (componants) and the amp is still undecided as well...
If any one has any sugestions or can help me out at all ide apreciate it.
?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 689
Because of the amount of money you have to spend I would suggest on getting 1 sub. For what you want, a 10" or a 12" would be fine. I prefer 10" because I listen to %90 heavy metal, and the bass just works better.

Do not forget that your enclosure, and install will account for how good your sub will sound.

Unless you could afford more powerful equipment, get your sub based on your amplifying powers. I have always believed 1 well amplified sub, will sound better than 2 underpowered subs.

Unregistered guest
Good Call.. Alright man that sounds good. That helps me out a lot.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Good Call.. Alright man that sounds good. That helps me out a lot.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us