Does anyone know (JL Audio)

jusjase44
Unregistered guest
where i can get a 10W7 cheap? Anyone ever dealt with sonomaxaudio on ebay?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3771
JL audio and cheap should never be in the same ? or sentance. They are highly expensive and if you find it very cheap it prob is refurbished or blown. remember JL audio offers no warranty whatsoever on internet purchases. There are otehr options that are cheaper and will get just as loud if not louder then the w7.

Username: Jusjase44

Post Number: 1
well when i said cheap i didn't mean cheap as in rediculously priced i jus meant the lowest price i can get it for. Got no choice on the internet purchase, i am in another country and besides i will be doing the install myself

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3773
what is your goal? SQ? SQL? or SPL? there are much cheaper subs for any of those then the w7 but if you are stuck on it then go for it man.

Anonymous

what? so if i buy two w6 theres no warranty so if something happens to them. jl audio kinda sucks no warranty and overpriced dam b@stards.

oh and why dont they have warranty?

Post Number: 2
Goal is sort of SQL. Want a simple clean and loud system, want a system dat will make ppl with 2 12's (average 12's) put their tail between their legs and walk off

Post Number: 3
Head Unit; Pioneer Premier 860MP
Midbass Amp: RF 250a2
Mid & Highs Amp: RF 200a4 (soon to be a 400a4)
Bass Amp: MTX 4250D (soon to be a BD1000a1)
Midbass: 1 Eminence Alpha 8",(have 1 reserve if needed)
Front: 1 pr MB Quarts RCE216 Components
Rear: 1 pr MB Quarts DCE116 Coaxials
Sub: 1 Pioneer 10" (soon to be what i decide after this discussion)

Username: _beer_boy_

Post Number: 3
Hey there, if u want a good price on a w-7, check out any "family owned" business that does custum installs etc... They typically can beat any price, I got my w-7 12 in for i believe 400 or 450 as it was a year ago and I bought many other things from them I cant remember for sure but i know it was at least 250 cheaper than good guys.

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 4
Tyler Byrd its a deal like that i am lookin for but remember i am in another country so all i got is the internet

Username: _beer_boy_

Post Number: 5
hmmm... not sure then sorry bro..

Bronze Member
Username: 02gsxr

Post Number: 24
Check out these auctions, all of these sellers you should be able to trust, well as much as u can trust someone over the internet lol...

5793349389 5794310918 5795430039

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3775
does it have to be a 10?

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 5
No doesn't really have to be a 10, i am jus willing to give up about 2 cubic ft (3 max but rather it stay at 2) and jus figured it would be best for a 10

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3779
I have a avalanche 15 that runs best in a 2.25-2.5cu/ft sealed box if you are interested.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 314
How much do you want for it James ?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3780
I want $300 + shipping, it is brand new never used in OG AA packaging.

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 56
Hey Jason None - guess what , i'm a Trini too ! .

I know there bound to be another Trini on this forum . Your set up matches very close to what i'm about to do , man . This morning i actually placed an order in the US for that very exact same deck but i'm going Hifonics for amps in spite of them not being very popular on this forum . Going to run 2 Pioneer TS-W306 12" & 4 6.5" 3way coax in each door in a Nissan AD Wagon . Everybody runs 6" Eminence in T&T but i'm going after full range sounds SQ .

What area are you from by the way ? . Someone told me a while ago there is a JL Audio agent in Valpark Plaza but i haven't checked it out as yet .

JL is very expensive as you know , have you been to Triple R in Gulf City ? - alot of top brands like MMATS etc ...

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 7
Havent been to Triple R in years, I know JL is expensive lol thats why i want to get it from the US. I am in central, where you from? I know there is a MB Quart dealer in valpark. What hifonics amps u gonna use? i got a friend with those same subs in a wingroad also, he hit a 139-140db, but his mids are all Eminence.

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 57
Like most of us i got family in the US . I'm in Chaguanas , very easy to find where i work on the Main Road . What ride u got ?

Having my Hifonics amps shipped from the US too .
Going with a 2000w rms Brutus 2005D - my subs need only need 800 but i chose this much power for further upgrades , of course gains will be turned down . $340us

For highs/mids going with Hifonics TX8805
Features:
Rms @ 4-ohm: 4x110-watts
Rms @ 2-ohm: 4x220-watts
Mono bridged power @4-ohm: 2x440-watts $200us

Going to use
Soundstream XTS6.5 6.5" 3-Way 150W RMS Speakers
1 in each door .

4 Power Acoustik NB1 tweeters for extra clarity .

Going to get same deck u have , costs $340us which si almost 1/2 in the US than buying it here . A 5 farad cap too . NO crossovers , settings will be filtered through deck & its built in EQ & freq will also be set through each amp . Electrical upgrades later on too .

I ran my plans with an experienced friend of my brother & he said it will sound good for the budget . Also posted my plans on this forum a mth ago & some responses were good while others disliked Hifonics & SS totally , other places on the net u read reviews & people love them - never know until u try !

Like u , i was also looking for subs & i think its not worth the hassle to import them cause with all that s&h + local taxes u won't save much $ unless u have 'connections'- i know cause i had bring stuff in before .

Why not check out in Triple R the MMATS subs (ranking really high) , when u convert the $ its around the same in US$ . 1 Juggernauth & u belly full !
Was it 140db with only 2 subs ? how did they check that ? Am considering buying Radioshack's $50 db meter if its any good . What amps did your friend push his subs with ?

Recently i saw locally the Premier 1000rms sub - killer looking . 1300 TT$ each ! - saw it on the net = $125 US (TT$787.50). This might worth the gamble/trouble bringing in a pair or more !

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 8
Hey i am in Chaguanas also, what part are you from? I got a Galant (VRG). Its always good to plan ahead. I know the Jugg's are good but i am not really aimin at SPL, nice and clean and capable of lets say 130db easy and around 136db pushed and i am cool (and i am only looking to spend $400-440 US on my sub, a friend of my moms always go and come and ships crates so i am looking to put it in her crate). I know i am at more of a challenge with a sedan as compared to a wagon.

Yes 138-140db with the same two subs you are going to buy TS-W306. It was checked at a friend of his thats big in car shows here. What amps, well he got a really good deal on a pair of BOSS amps so thats what he used (1600w Riot and 3000w IQ.)

I am either buying the JL Audio W7, MMATS Dreadnaut or image Dynamics ( in that order lol). Well lemme know where you from and what you got so far and maybe sometime we can audition each others system

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 58
Small world eh ... yesterday i was going to start a thread asking if any Trinis are on this forum & lo & behold last night 1 posted & now i know he's actually in my neighbourhood .

Which Galant VRG is that - the long foreign used model ?
That's the 'skybox' crate u talking about right ? do customs still not open it & tax u accordingly ?

That's why i bought a wagon cause i know some day i will want 'to put a lil something in it' & interior acoustics in it will def be better than a car's int .
I'm ashamed to say i have my ride 1 yr & 7 mths now & have not done a single thing to it (only put tint & changed oil!) - it looks exactly the way it came originally . $ not the real keepback ,its because i run a small business & busy with that alot , time consuming . BUT, very soon i intend to install a nice flair kit , some 15" rims & yes like u some tunes , more SQL than SPL .

140db sounds mind boggling for 2 'cheap' name subs - u sure they did not measure that @ the port lol ! . I in fact already bought those 2 12" subs since May & built 2 sets of boxes - 1 ported box with rec specs & another ported with specs a car music guy gave me . I tested the subs with the fac spec box in my bro' B13 Sentra & its trunk & tail panel really rumbled alot with the force but the subs sounded damn good for the $ . A sound guy i know told me some1 installed 8 of those 12" subs in a panel van !
So only equip i got so far are the subs & i have it resting in my home lol. Other stuff should arrive in T&T last next wk or wk after but i want to do the flair kit 1st before music install .

When u say the word 'BOSS' on this forum ppl respond quickly saying 'total crap' or worse language , which i'm sure u have noticed . I guess my Hifonics should perform/sound even better . I've spent wks on the net reading/researching & going with Hifonics & Soundstream cause i find they are an ok company/value for the $ .

I agree totally with your sub choices from what i read all over but i like nothing less than a clean sounding pair of 12" . U could add Eclipse & Alpine to that list . I'm sure u using google to search for best prices ,right !.

If u wanna contact me check in the Express where i have an ad in the Misc section " 3 PS2 DVD GAMES FOR $100" (in large bold headline) , u will see my store's phone no & address too . Heck , u prolly passed in front my shop today & never knew !

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 63
Hey Jason - i went in Valpark today . Place is named Sounds & Security , there are authorised dealers for JL , Orion , Alpine , MB Quart , PPI , Directed , Clarion & Pioneer/Premier . Really high end stuff - walk with 2/3 mths paycheck if 1 is buying from them .

Let me recall a few prices ;
JL w7 = TT$5300
w6 = TT$4400
10" w7 = TT$2200

Orion 15" H2 = TT$3500 .

U might really fare better by importing & taking a chance with customs .

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 9
lol Rovin lol

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 10
10w7 $2200, i jus feel you meant w3

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 11
well i am gonna give them a call today, triple r also

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 12
hey i called told me 2900. think i am going to buy it, try to get a better price though. I am going up there today

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 70
Ok - i'm reading u emails but kinda busy as today's Saturday .
Dude u really spend alot on car audio do ya !?
TT$2900 is what the average joe down here might spend on an entire beginner system .

S&S store is kinda small but they do carry the bigger guns in car audio . U not gonna go up to Triple R & see @ least what they got - unless your heart is set on JL .

What u gonna get 1 10" or 2 10" or 2 12" & what exact model ???????

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 71
I just checked
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=18&Manufactu rerID=621

10W3v2 JL Audio 10W3v2 = US$199

Is this the 1 u said = TT$2900 ??????

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 13
no not that one this one

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12150

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 14
oh yea and i paid 2700

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 83
Hey Jase , OOOKay - US$500 , then u got a really deal then there bro . Good thing i told u about them then !? The 12" version too big or expensive for U ???

The eye's of the average guy down here would pop if u told them u paid a'whopping' TT$2700 for a 10" sub - only if they really knew , eh.

I would REALLY like to hear a JL sub live - Can u keep me in mind & give me a call when u have it all set up !?

U saw my ad/store location/phone number in the newspaper ?

Hey - is your Galant VRG painted a metallic green , has hydraulic suspension , no tint & named 'DROP DED' on the wind screen ????????????

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 15
12" too big for what i want to achieve and its really a good thing you told me. I will keep you in mind, should be finished by next month. Man they are wicked i know a guy with one same 10" in a very big box similar setup to what you want and what my friend has and i think he is louder(now remember this is one 10" and they have 2 12's) Think i saw your ad, is it the one dat says, Players Arcade. Nah not me, i am black, with chrome 19's still looking to drop (took 3yrs to reach dis far) so probably 'Drop Ded' can help me there.

You got a hook up guy already?

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 87
Glad to know that a beginner like me can @ least help some1 out , saved u tt$450 there - though lacking experience , knowledge is power . Today i helped a beginner out on this forum too as he was thinking of buying same 12" like me so i convinced him on it . Man those 12" Pio online are only US$55 ($TT346) locally = $500

Tell me that P860MP Premier deck i'm ordering & u already have - do u like it or any dislikes about it ?
What do u think about what the equip above above i listed for my set-up , do u think it'll sound good with no xover as i described how i intend to hook it all up ?

I'm gonna be my own hook up guy (have a knack for doing any new stuff & it comes out like i been at it yrs now!)- a hobby which i might venture into more seriously in the future .

10" above u talking about - u meant 1 10" JL is louder than the 2 Pio 12" ?

YES : Players Arcade is me , 4 1/2 yrs now .

Ever heard/know anybody u used Atomic Speakers ? . I know its a strickly SPL sub but a guy i know (Black Echo ,Black BlueBird Wagon - u know him ?) said he had used 2 12" & it destoyed others 4 15" or more etc .... or so he says .

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 16
Yea those pioneer are cheap outside. Normally i always say all i like from pioneer is their head unit (well until their last 2 model subs). I think their HU has the best processing in their price range (hate the fact that most models have the same face though). I like it and am happy with it. Well i got no crossover either and i think mine sounds pretty good. Its a good choice of equip, it will sound good.
Whats your goal? What is it that you want?

Like me my goal in all my systems is low bass (low freq's), i always want a 'shocker' system so i put my system together with that in mind. My system is practically finished and my car still looks stock apart from the box in the trunk. My system is only 350 watts (4 Ohm rating)

Yea the 10 seems louder than the 2 12's but like i said the box is big, about the same size as the 12's and for some reason it feels like the 10 plays lower

i knew 1 car with atomics (2 12's) and destroyed 6 12" solobarics ( i blame it on the guy that did the install). Cuz if i have 6 kickers i aint letting no 2 12" destroy me, i dont care what 12's they are, not supposed to destroy 6 solo's

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 89
Its gonna be my 1st 'done good system'- not like long time style where u drop in a pair of cheap 6x9 , 2 $10 tweeters & 2 old speaker in & call that george.

I don't care about 'making noise' for people to hear me coming a mile away - thats just dumb & annoying on the ears really quickly . What i want is SQL , nothing overdone & though i can afford it not overly expensive neither . Expensive & car audio does go hand in hand - that can't be avoided lol .
If u are familiar with Logitec's Z5500 500wrms series PC speakers (which i own) the way they sound - i'm after quality like that from my ride .

U watch 'unique whips' Weds on cable ? 'aka the JL audio show'-lol . Only JL & Alpine they use .

When u say low freq , like 35hz or so u tune your sub box to ? . 350ws whole system combined or u using a 4 channel to power all that u currently have . That 10" u bought requires 500wrms not so ?

Guy i metioned above 'Black Echo' -Black BlueBird Wagon , he's really into heavy SPL & up until last yr used to go 'big guns' sound offs , he said he had a pair of Atomic 12" , he changes stuff after a few mths & tries other stuff . He earlier this yr ran (an econo system he said) of 6 Pioneer's previous model 10" , ported of course & i sat in his wagon & your innards move with the kinda force it was putting out . U could hear him in the distance . With those 10s he told me he killed much bigger/expensive 4/6 Juggs equiped guys & even the 'famed green civic' with that - so he says !, i don't really go car shows anymore . PPL made him offers & he sold the equip off .

Now he's experimenting again on a new project using 2 15" frame assemblies from CV Stroker BUT rebuilt them using Atomic coils ! He made them already & has them being pushed with a Boss 3000(sold off all equip he had b4) so they are lacking power but sounding kinda loud as it is now . He's doing home repairs so will get back in the music after.

Just a lil ole talk above eh - but like u i find it hard to believe somebody with better stuff can be beaten with cheaper stuff , like who ever set it up needs to be beaten too lol . Same guy above with the 2 CVs & 3000 Boss told me last wk he beat a guy with 2 Juggs & MMATS amps .
Obviously way stuff is set up is key - but i don't know wtf those guys expensive stuff crapping up LOl .

Guy with dem 6 solos u said needs a good clout !

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 17
Yea 35 or so lookin for the 30-50Hz range. Think i am tuning to 32Hz, yea its 350 entire system (3 amps). Yea the 10 requires 500w but i got an amp coming in this month for it. I am using one of those 10's right now. some cheap stuff is ok like the pioneer subs but a guy with a mmats amp letting a Boss 3000 beat him need licks. he should sell his stuff and go learn about car audio or find a better installer. I have personal experience with one of those BOSS (if its the IQ series) and its a piece of crap (let me explain). I am not saying it doesnt produce power but dam if i have a 3000w amp and i put it on those pioneer 12's (and might i add with gain right up) i expect the speaker to be blown after a couple mins

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 92
Er - did u finish , look like were in a the middle of a sentence & pressed post by mistake ?

What new amp for it - a JL as well ? .
Let me get it straight u already had 1 of the same exact 10" & yesterday u bought another right ?
Am guessing u currently feeding that 10 about only 100rms ?

Everywhere i see on this forum ppl seriously dissing Hifonics amps - u ever use them (current models) or know ppl who have ?.
I heard they are overated but even so i need to know if they sound clean .

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 19
Well that sentence was finished. Its a RF BD1000a1 should be here on the 20th, i might even have one for sale also. No i have one of the pioneers, 10" 4 ohm Dvc, TS-W255DVC. Yesterday i bought the JL (10W7). Actually my sub is getting 250 (125 @ 4 Ohm, 250 @ 2 Ohm. Its the MTX 4250D).

Never used Hifonics or know anyone that did but being honest with you man i understand why people diss companies, its like they sold out, like they dont produce products like the old stuff any more. The reason for the change may be the fact that things change, technology, competition rules, new standards, companies sellin out to other companies and even employees leavin and so on.
The clean issue i think most of the time (in our application) it wont make a difference, you have to look at the people making these comments. A die hard sq guy and what u want are 2 different people, to a die hard sq guy this amp will diffenately not be the cleanest but to average joe on a budget that jus wants his music to sound good for daily use this might be jus the amp

Did you ever take a look at this link?
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 93
J- U up @ 2a.m - what work u do BTW ? - lol .
I now get what u have , U were actually underpowering that Pio by 100w man but upgarding now eh .
That RF is said to put out 750rms @ 2ohms so i figure u gains will be tuned accordingly . Thought u would have gone JL amp too .
Like the old folks say 'they don't make em like they use to' , applies to alot of things . Yeah i saw that list b4 .

U heard MB Quart was recently bought over by RF ?
Hifonics was such a big name i remember hearing long ago , so was Pyle back in the 80s - now they call it 'PILE of shite'! lol.
Even if my new models Hifonics give me 3/4 of clear enough power , i will still be happy cause @ the price range no1 comes close & i think they should definitely be better that Power Acoustik . @ the price i'm getting them @ i can always sell it & still get back more than what it costs me .

I had posted 2 threads 2wks now & hardly any1 gave me a good answer - help me out.

1) Using pvc pipe , how do u measure port length say 5" - will it be 5 inside the box + 3/4 the thickness of the wood = 5.75" or just 5 no matter behind the board or level to the external face front baffle board ...... i feel its internal + thickness of the wood = 5.75" .
2) Meters -
what kinda multimeter should i buy , Radioshack good enough ?, can u check their site or any site & rec a model .
SPL meter - Radioshack has a cheap us$50 126db kind - any good ? . Saw some @ www.splmeter.com ?
Spectrum Analyzer - u know a meter that shows various freq levels in your ride .

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 94
BTW - that 10" Pioneer u have is the exact same model that the guy i was telling above had 6 of them .

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 22
Yea, i know now lol (Mb Quart RF thing)

Bronze Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 96
J - Uh , what about my questions above ?

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 23
Will answer, let me do some checkin first

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 102
Hey Jase - Yesterday i joined the forums @ www.caraudiocentral.com , excellent site too . I'm still on here but now u can catch there also !

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 954
The answer to you beginng of the thread----NOWHERE

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 26
I did get my answer, what were you reading chris?

Oh Rovin, in all my boxes my ports have been from the face (dont think that short of a length will affect it much at least hearing wise)

I bought a cheap Craftsman meter (DMM), dont think an expensive one is necessary unless you are an electrician all you may ever use it for is checking voltage and resistance

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 27
Rovin check this, it may offer some help
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/tools5.asp#test

Gold Member

Post Number: 1013
I read the question that u asked and scrolled down to the bottom cuz it was 4 am and i was tired.

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 28
Cool no problem, jus askin. Got it for $429US, cheapest i saw it for was around $440 (might i add, i saw it for around $400 but i didnt trust the seller) and i still would have to figure out how to get it to the Caribbean. So i consider it a deal. Been looking at it six days now lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1036
What are you currently thinking about getting?

Bronze Member

Caribbean, T...

Post Number: 29
i already have everything, jus waiting to complete the install now

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 105
Jase - i know about that site & rec it to alot of newbies on this forum who don't even know wtf an ohm is. There are alot of products out there I was trying to get the masses opinion on what they personally use but no1 gave me any real help,got only 3 replies to my thread - dammit !
Will have to do as u said & buy some cheap stuff for the time OR have to post a thread on the other forum & see if i can get some help .
My 50hrs mthly net time is almost over since i used it cause my cable broke down almost a wk - will have to go apply for a 100hrs - so i won't be online as much till then ...later !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us