5 volt preout on HU max input signal on amp 5.5v where to set gain?

Bronze Member
Username: Vwgn

Post Number: 18
so my HU has 5 volt preouts..and my amp says max input signal 5.5v..the gain knob is max. sensitivity 220MV clockwise...all the way counter clock wise is 6v so do just turn it a little bit clockwise from 6v and be where I need to be? and what xover frequency do i need to be at? it has a knob for that too it is 32hz to 320hz..and my deck also has a setting for either 80 or 120hz what one? I am powering 12" jl audio w-0 svc 4 ohm in a sealed box with a jbl gto 301.1 amp (that is only 204w rms @ 4ohms) in a 93 geo metro hatchback if any of that matters for settings..thanks so much

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8903
you got it.
just a slight turn from minimum (6V) and you're good. I'd go about an eigth turn at most.. since most 5V pre-out head units are actually 4V, with the extra 1V being gained from setting the levels above "0" on the head unit.. in that case I set for about 4 volts and things work well since most people don't use absolute vull volume anyway, they'd reach clipping from the head unit before maxing out the pre-out coltages

Username: Angus_nb

Post Number: 7
Set your HU to LP at 80Hz. Set the amp about the same. If you find the bass too boomy turn the amp down to 60 or lower. It's trial and error. Set it to whatever sounds good to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us