My system

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 110
Hey every one im gona be gettin 2 kicker compVR 12" 01C12VR4 ther 400 watt rms dual 4ohm voice coils i was wondering what would the best amp be to get for them if im not mistaken if i wire them in parralel i should get 2 ohm resistance shouldnt i? or i could wire them in series and get 8 or am i mistaken? im not sure yet but if i get a all kicker system i can get free help from a mechanic he'll help me install the entire system and what not but if i cant find a good amp under kicker what would be another good amp in another brand?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3758
kicker kx 850.2 will do the trick nicely:-)

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 358
u can't find a good kicker amp? what are you talking about because imo kicker amps are great, but you right about the ohms so if you wire each sub in series, then wire both subs to the amp in series that would be a 1ohm load, so look into hifonics, mtx, jbl, for cheap but good amps, or jl, mmats, zapco, xtant, for really good amps but be prepared to pay a lot of money for them.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 111
hey i finally get y a dual 4ohm voic coil when u wire it in parralel u get 1 ohm its cause ther are 2 voice coils each at 4ohm's of resistance and since ther is 2 subs i feel so stupid for not figurin that out

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 114
k by the looks of it i found a good kicker amp to use im not sure if its a good one or not its a Kicker 04KX850.2 2 Channel here are the stats is it good for those subs?

425 x 2 (Watts/Channel), 2 Ohm Stereo
850 (Watts/Channel), 4 Ohm Bridged Mono
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz; +0, -1dB
Input Sensitivity: High Level 340mV - 10V, Low Level 170mV - 5V
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >95dB, a-weighted, re:rated power
Active Crossover: 12dB/Octave, variable 50Hz - 200Hz, selectable high pass, low pass, or all pass; KX100.2 hig or low fixed @ 80Hz
KICK Bass Boost: Variable to +18dB, centered @ 40Hz Pass-Thru RCAs
Remote Bass Control
Fan Cooling
Dimensions with EndKaps (W x H x L): 10" x 2 1/2" x 25 3/4" (25.4cm x 6.35cm x 65.4cm)

most important stuff i guess is at the begining

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 115
jeez im stupid srry James should have thought of the amp u posted before i posted that one but i guess it doesnt hurt does any one have any comments on the KX 850 .2?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 361
well idk about that amp but the kx200.2 and kx600.1 are very good amps, and never got hot, and people say that they are underrated so you get more power.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 116
well the 200 and 600 are lower then what i need though unless ther like 3/4 and 1/4 underrated then they wouldnt be bad but i highly doubt ther that much underrated

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 362
ya true but i would think that if the 200 and 600 amps are really good that the 850 amp would be good too.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 117
k then thats the amp im gona be gettin what about a head unit? im gona be needing one of those im hoping to be getting a 73 Plymouth Satellite

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 373
alpine hu are some of the best you can get.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 118
any other suggestions?

Anonymous

pioneer panasonic or eclipse are pretty good.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 130
I have an Alpine and I am very satisfied with it. I'd go Alpine.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 784
I would say anything Nakamichi, Eclipse, or Alpine are some of the best. Many of my friends also have pioneeer premier and they are fantastic as well. I personally have a Nakamichi CD-400. If you want something flashy go with something other then the Nakamichi, its built to look almost stock with some of the best sound you can get.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 233
i got an eclipse...one of the best units i have ever owned or seen...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3809
I agree with Chris. Naki,Alpine,Eclipse are all top notch decks prob the only three I would even think about using in my car but I am a alpine guy always have been.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 119
so im probly gona b gettin an alpin deck then is ther any thing else im gona be needing to look at besides a wireing kit?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3440
Enclosure?

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 120
Jake Chesley

i have that same amp and it is running 4 12"s cvr kickers and they hit hard for the lack of power i think you would luv that amp heres a pic for you

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 396
You really love your system don't you rigger. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
ya i do how could you tell lol its my first system cince i was a kid many many moons ago

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 120
yea i still gotta get a box but i have no idea what mesurments im gona be needing really so the box is out of the question for now but im thinking about going with a ported box right now thats what has ben recomended for me any ways

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
heres the manual for your subs scroll down it tells you the measurments

http://www.kicker.com/05/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2005/2005%20CompVR%20Sub%2 0Manual.pdf

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 121
ok thanks just a quick question im like 90% sure that im right on this but my freind swears he is right im gona get this fact out right now which are better a pair Rockford Fosgates 12" or a pair of eqlipse's 12"??? i say eqlipse he says fosgates

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA United State...

Post Number: 577
Eclipse period.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 123
thats what i thought

Gold Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 1148
I am personally a big fan of Nakamichi because of there look and sound quality. No flashy krap. The only issue with them is that if you want a sufficient EQ for your system you need to buy a seperate one. i guess they expext that if you want sound quality of a Nak that you will get a great EQ too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us