Noise pollution

Bronze Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 25
Do many of you get noise pollution tickets? How loud does your system really have to be to get one? Should I turn my system down when I am near a cop or what.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 224
In most states the noise polution ordenance is if you can hear the vehicle 30 ft away from it your in violation. it varies state to state but thats usually the norm.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 305
Yeah man that sucks. I just got my first one this weekend. My wife was driving and I was drunk riding shotgun, it was 3.30 in the a.m. and a cop car rolled by. My wife spotted him blocks away and she turned the volume down, but like I said, I was drunk, so I kept on turning the volume up. So what'd he do ? Busted a U turn and pulled us over. That sucks.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 306
it's 50 feet here in Cali by the way, thats what the officer said.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 109
Here in Oakland, its not the level but the type!
If you play rap/hipHop you'll most likely get a ticket.
On a good note, I can crank ACDC to ear bleed levels with no problems!

Why would anyone play Rap anyway? ACDC is much kinder on your system!lol.Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 52
it's 20 feet here. haven't had a ticket yet....but everytime i go thru the gate to get on base they look at it in my hatch and just kinda glare at me.

Bronze Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Post Number: 46
I dont think we have one here in charlotte. I use to play my system right beside the cops all the time. Now i dont, because they follow you around hoping your a drug dealer. If you make one minor traffic violation they will pull you over.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3753
That noise law is very vague. Depending on the cop's hearing and mood, you can get a ticket with "normal" volume level.
It's best to keep it down whenever you see cops. That is what I do.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaguar600

Post Number: 26
How much are the tickets you guys are getting? I live in nj so if anyone else knows about any laws in nj regarding this let me know

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 227
ya whats it for illinois

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 374
Iowa they pull people out all the time, haha they camp right outside all of our schools exits, so when kids get in their cars n crank it up to look cool, theres about 5 cops around that come give him a ticket, which is pretty stupid, they did it like 3x last year
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us