Good 4x4 speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 74
Does anyone know of a good 4x4 speaker to use
I have to 4x4s in my front dash and i need more mids/highs in my car can anyone tell me of a 4x4 to get?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 342
jeez, i dunno man. None of my speakers have 4 wheel drive. Just kidding :-) If you're looking for more highs and mids out of 4" speakers, get a pair of coaxials. Maybe DLS

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=DLS42 4

or JL

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=XR400 CX

would do the trick.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
thanks mane

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
damn those are exspensive a.s.s speakers for theyre size
why is that?

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 344
Yea, those are a little pricey. The reason they cost so much is because they're good speakers and come with external crossovers. Most coaxials just have a simple, not so good crossover network tucked underneath the tweeter or next to the magnet. If you want to go cheaper, maybe Alpine S-types for $50?

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/usstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SPS10 0A

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 345
those would be fairly well suited to being powered by a head unit as well, where as the others would need some external amplification to sound better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
Ok Thanks
Is it better to buy a Exspensive head unit or a cheap head unit with an amp to the mids or highs
Ppl have told me if i have a good head unit i wont need an amp But i dont know if it is true
I was lookin to spend around 50 or 60 on my speakers but if i get an amp i will spend more

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 347
Whats best for you depends on several factors. All head units, with a few exceptions will put out 15-20 Watts RMS. If you have speakers with low sensitivity and a great amount of power handling, this will not be enough power. Speakers in the $50-$60 range generally can't handle that much power so I'd say you should stick with getting a good Head Unit, rather than an amp and a crappy head unit. Also, what you pay for when you buy a head unit isn't more power. Its reliability, sound processing controls, and high voltage pre-outs. If you were going to get an amp, it would only make sense to get a high quality head unit because the signal sent to your amps would be much stronger, and you'll have better control over it with the HUs DSP (digital sound processing) ablilites.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
awwwwsome

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 463
the dls's will be better if you power it off the headunit...2 db more sensitivity...means louder with less power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us