Installing Perfect 6.1's in Honda Accord Ex

Bronze Member
Username: Tweek52

Post Number: 29
Any idea's for fabricating a fit in the front doors. Haven't recioeved them yet, but it says they wont fit in factory doors, Does this mean i will just have to cut a hole in plastic for the tweeter? Any help would be great, ty :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Also, mny current factory speaker has the midbass in the door, and the tweeter on the dash below the winsheield on either side. Should i keep my factory tweeter and put the new perfects in door with the tweeter mounted just above, or run the tweeter that coems with the perfect 6.1's into my old tweeter location?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 337
Its seems like the midbass speaker should fit just fine in your stock location in the door, unless its too deep to fit but thats a different story. The tweeter is your choice. You could flush or surface mount it somewhere on your door or you could just put it in the stock location. Try it out and see what sounds best. Also, there's no point in worrying about keeping your stock tweeter. Your head unit only has 4 channels and if you use 2 for the back speakers and 2 for the kappa components, that leaves none left for the stock tweets on the dash. If you have an amp for the kappas, that makes things different, however

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yup i do have an amp, infinity ref 7541A, im debating how to set it up since its 111 rms x4 at 4 ohms. So should i keep stock tweeters pulling from HU and the res of system from Amp?

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 357
that sounds like a pretty good option. Especially if they're soft dome. Your infinity tweeters are hard dome I believe so this will help warm up the sound. As for mounting the new tweets, I'd say either flush mount them as close to the mids as possible or higher on the door, close to the pillar.

Silver Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 358
If you have both pairs of tweeters close to your ears, the mids might not be able to keep up with the highs. I'm running 2 pairs of tweeter in my car now and don't have this problem, however. I have one pair low, near my mids and the other near the pillar like I suggested for you. I'm very pleased with the sound. Try out all the options and see what you like best.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 784
Dude kill the factory tweeters they suck. Trust me I have on 05 ex coupe and the location and the tweeters themselvs suck.

The 6.5 will fit in the door without a problem, and you will need to play wih the tweeter location. I have mine down low and am very happy. Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 785
Before you ask, you would never notice the tweets are that low in the car. They honestly sound like they are set much much higher.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
sweet thanks for the tips, im gonna test out which places i liek the best. On that install you have did u just cut out from the original interior or did u add a little thing for ur tweeter down there.

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 23
I want me some 6.5 components and right now I cant afford the infinity kappas perfect but the Kappas are at my price range . SHould I save my money for the perfects or just get me the kappas ? Is there a big difference in sound quality ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us